Frost tonight!!! -2C?

• 46 Replies

andreadon

• My Diary
Re: Frost tonight!!! -2C?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 15:04 »
but i did cover the peas and had to drag the plastic off this morning before i left for work, just in case!
(DD, I know they shouldn't be out yet, but they supplied a packet with about 80million peas in and i thought it was worth the risk!!!   )

Peas are quite happy with no covering ??? Mine were sown and germinated weeks ago ..all with no covering :)

gald to hear it mum - but this year i'm trying to do everything properly - figured there'd be fewer mistakes....
who am i kidding? I'll still end up with millions of courgettes and runner beans and absolutely nothing of anything else!!
I don't know why i bother with the rest! (black fingers, i've got - not green!)  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Frost tonight!!! -2C?
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 16:08 »
but i did cover the peas and had to drag the plastic off this morning before i left for work, just in case!
(DD, I know they shouldn't be out yet, but they supplied a packet with about 80million peas in and i thought it was worth the risk!!!   )

Peas are quite happy with no covering ??? Mine were sown and germinated weeks ago ..all with no covering :)

gald to hear it mum - but this year i'm trying to do everything properly - figured there'd be fewer mistakes....
who am i kidding? I'll still end up with millions of courgettes and runner beans and absolutely nothing of anything else!!
I don't know why i bother with the rest! (black fingers, i've got - not green!)  ::)

But the point i am trying to make...is that covering peas with plastic isn't necessary at
 this time of year ....they are perfectly happy without. Don't take this the wrong way ..i'm only trying to help ease your workload. :) Worry about something else if you must.....but not your peas :lol:

xx
Frost tonight

Started by vanessa.xx on Grow Your Own

38 Replies
Last post May 03, 2014, 08:33
by al78
xx
Frost tonight.

Started by Salmo on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 17:21
by mumofstig
xx
Frost tonight - cover up your vegetables

Started by James on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 08, 2006, 20:51
by James
xx
GROUND FROST RISK TONIGHT !!!!!!

Started by mashbintater on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post May 20, 2008, 12:24
by DD.

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 37 queries.