My plot is in a poor state. Should the allotment service sort it out?

• 51 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
hand the plot back! and with all the extra time you will save not making raised beds or whinging find a friend.
No personal attacks please. 
Cheese makes everything better.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
no aunt sally. I am not settled where I am that’s why I could be moving.

Sorry karoo I must have missed that bit before  ::) 

If you're not settled and could be moving than the plot you have IS going to be too much work for you to achieve much.  Put your name down for a plot in the area you hope to move to now.  You might then be near the top of the list when you get there !

woodburner

I suspect the problem is with the weather more than the plot. You've done the drainage but it has kept on raining. I've never seen the ground so wet as it is now, and I've seen a fair few floods in my time!
Starting any overgrown plot is a lot of work, you don't get much in your first year, compared with the effort, and if you're moving even if it takes a couple of years it's not really worth starting, unless you really like digging.  ???
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

karooba007

• Experienced Member
penance, ok I will go along with you and expect that by mid march the plot will be dry.
I will do two raised beds and leave the rest of the plot expecting that it will get dry.
As for me moving it may or may not happen. As for those who want me to give up the plot  >:(.  The plots around me not much is going on and I think its because of the water logging issue. There are clumps of march grass growing on them. Part of the allotment site has a water drainage problem even though that part of the site is on a slope. people take on these plots and by october they leave these plots ( for the next sucker). there are free plots on this allotment site in winter even though teh other allotment sites are full. this is proof there is water problem.
Any way i am going to listen to  mr whisky and stop whinging. I think this threat should end now, had enough  :wacko:.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:54 by karooba007 »

Ice

• muck spreader
Would you like me to lock the thread?

karooba007

• Experienced Member
Yes please Ice  :)

mikem

• Experienced Member
Would you like me to lock the thread?

From my point of view I am not sure that any further advice is going to be helpful, one side trying to be helpful and the other in the "get on with it".  Whilst I am in the second, it may be that I "just" got wound up by the wording - sorry.  So in answer to the question I think that it should be locked in order to prevent any further upset.

xx
sorry state of the plot

Started by prakash_mib on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 11, 2011, 16:57
by mumofstig
xx
What state is it going to be in?

Started by Enfield Glen on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 08, 2017, 17:37
by JimB
xx
Bloomin brilliant service!

Started by Nefertari on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post April 27, 2009, 09:14
by Nefertari
xx
Fantastic service...seeds

Started by tosca100 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 10, 2013, 11:38
by J_B

Page created in 0.714 seconds with 28 queries.