Incubator/Incubation Urgent advice please

• 20 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
Re: Hatching Eggs Urgent advice please
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 18:53 »
I am expecting about 25/75 in the favour of males.
I cant Cream Legbar, Red Black Araucarna, Black Copper Maran, Silver Appenzeller, Blue Laced Wyandotte and Splash/Blue Maran.

Picture as promised.  oh No photo its too big, will try again later, having real porblems with humidity ive shrunk the pot size right down.  it was fine until we put a differnt fan in.  Ive got 5 hours to sort it out!  Would the consensus be to take the water out completely, i have tubes and a syringe to add water, so on day 10 when you open the vents i could add water then if it goes too low
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

pepsi100

Re: Incubator/Incubation Urgent advice please
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 18:57 »
Personally, I would leave the water until things start happening or untilyou have candled them, by then you should have everything sorted
It's all about the journey, not the destination

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 19:22 »
pepsi when u say leave the water do you mean leave the water out

pepsi100

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 19:30 »
pepsi when u say leave the water do you mean leave the water out

Yes, or if its really a worry a smal pot of water should be fine, I think its the last week or so that the humidity is critical (but others will correct me if I am wrong)

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 10:32 »
The guy that supplies my feed also goes with the 50/50 thing but its only a very rough guide. I didnt know that ANHBUC said that different blood lines can affect it. Ive only just started using the bigger incubator and on my previous smaller hatches I seem to always get 3-5 hatch and seem to be in favour of the girls. So if 3 hatch I get 2 girls and if 5 hatch I get 3 girls.

I would remove the water and only worry about putting it in on day 17/18. After you've done this dont remove the lid untill day 21/22, removing the lid will affect the humidity. Dont worry too much about getting the humidity spot on just as long as there is humidity in there that will be enough for the chicks. I fold some tissues and put them in a ramekin dish of water which I place in the incubator. Hopefully there is a viewing window on the incubator which you can look through rather than have a temptation to remove the lid. On my first hatch I was removing the lid alot to check the chicks sometimes every hour and that affected the results to the point that some got stuck in the shell. Patience is the key.

Good luck and keep us updated as to how it goes :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52 »
The guy that supplies my feed also goes with the 50/50 thing but its only a very rough guide. I didnt know that ANHBUC said that different blood lines can affect it. Ive only just started using the bigger incubator and on my previous smaller hatches I seem to always get 3-5 hatch and seem to be in favour of the girls. So if 3 hatch I get 2 girls and if 5 hatch I get 3 girls.

That is my observation of the limited breeding I have done, it might balance it self out or I might continue to be unlucky.   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Urgent- Incubator help needed asap

Started by maggiem on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 28, 2011, 05:39
by maggiem
xx
Advice on incubation with an Octagon 10 please!

Started by Natasha2810 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 18:54
by Foxy
xx
Incubation advice needed please!

Started by Chompie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 18:50
by woodside farm
xx
Incubation advice: hatch -7

Started by Allotment_Guy on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 12, 2009, 08:26
by kimT

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 27 queries.