Urgent- Incubator help needed asap

• 7 Replies

maggiem

Urgent- Incubator help needed asap
« on: February 24, 2011, 17:24 »
We have 20 eggs at day 19 in an R-Com Suro incubator. It is struggling to keep the humidity at 65% as stated on the info given to us by the company. At the moment it is at 61% but the pump is having to work very hard even to maintain this degree and is dripping the water into the main body of the machine onto the eggs.The evaporation pad is dry although we had to dampen it ourselves this morning but this resulted in the humidity rising to 74% which has now gradually come down 61%. Should the pump be dripping the water onto the pad (which it is not doing at all)? Does anyone on the site have this incubator that could give us some help as I am so worried that we are going to lose the chicks? Thanks, Maggie

8doubles

Re: Urgent- Incubator help needed asap
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 17:41 »
Found this on another site, hope it helps .http://www.thepoultrysite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10202

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 22:19 »
Make sure the little rubber tube is above the sponge bit.... it should be dripping onto the sponge. 
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

Casey76

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 07:11 »
How bitg did you cut the sponge?  It may mean that you need a bigger evaporating surface.

having said that I haven't yet ever reached 60% rH for hatching let along 65%.  My hatcher maxes out at around 55% even with almose a foot of surface area.

As long as you don't keep opening the top to take chicks out, you should be fine.

Water dripping on eggs = bad though, so I would re-program the incubator to maintain rH at 60%

Chickway

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 14:11 »
Afternoon.  I am very new to this hatching addiction, only having hatched 2 batches.  I have a king suro 20 and when we first set it up it was making all the sounds as if pumpig water but the sponge was dry and the humidity was not rising.

Anyway my husband undone the pump unit and there is a little bit of pipe about 2cm long that the driving wheel pushes the water though, well after a while this goes really flat and needs to be replaced.  So we cut the same length piece off the end of a piece of the other piece of pipe and reattached that and now its works very well.  I had no problem getting mine upto 65 humidity after this.

Hope you manage to sort it.

Chickway

maggiem

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 15:44 »
Thanks for replies. Unfortunately we have discovered that the fan is faulty. OH phoned company yesterday but more or less was told to unscrew fan and send back to UK. Not much use at this moment in time. The fan is really struggling to work and every so often almost packs in and the temperature rises. The only way we can get it going again is to thump the top of the machine! Today is day 21 and so far this afternoon 3 have pipped which is three more than I expected given that this problem has been going on since Wednesday. Fingers crossed that they make it. I will sit up all night if I have to. Maggie

bantam novice

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 16:55 »
everything crossed, Maggiem, keep us posted and send pics when they hatch if you can  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

maggiem

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39 »
We can't believe that after all the problems we've had with the fan/humidity that since Friday night and up until 6am this morning (Monday) 18 have hatched out of the twenty and yes we did sit up all night Friday! The incubator has more or less sat at 70-74% humidity through the whole hatch. We gave up trying to fix this and just thought we would see what would happen as we'd thought most of them were lost anyway! What a result. Even my dog is happy!!!
We are now on day 23 and there are 2 eggs left which at the moment are showing no sign of pipping. Do I leave them in for the rest of the day and risk them exploding :blink: or should we take them out? The last batch of eggs that we hatched all hatched on day 21 so I'm not sure if it's okay to leave them any longer or not. Maggie

xx
Advice needed ASAP

Started by Carshay on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 27, 2011, 08:55
by Sassy
xx
Help needed asap plz.. Crawling things...

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 31, 2012, 23:13
by mohs.ayaz
question
Advise broody hen needed - asap, please

Started by Neelam on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 29, 2014, 21:43
by Neelam
xx
Incubator/Incubation Urgent advice please

Started by cammi on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post April 19, 2013, 11:52
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 37 queries.