Newbie Allotmenteer ...

• 2 Replies

Ladyallot

Newbie Allotmenteer ...
« on: June 08, 2012, 17:06 »
Hi
I have just got a very overgrown allotment and have just subscribed to GYO magazine.  I won't get my first issue until August though.

I have the June issue and see that there has been monthly series on "getting your first allotment".  however this is part 5! 

I would be so grateful if anyone who has been a subscriber for longer than me .. would you be happy to scan the previous 4 parts which I assume started in the Feb 2012 issue, and email to me? 

I am doing this on a very strict budget and I just loved the way Part 5 was written.

I am going to be sorting out my new allotment very gradually so as not to make the whole thing too overwhelming!  Just need all the advice I can get right now.

Happy Plotting xxx

Steve1967

Re: Newbie Allotmenteer ...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 17:24 »
Hi

Like you say start gradually try and get some plants in as you clear so you can see the benefits of your hard work. i started an overgrown plot two years ago. this is the first time I have planted the whole plot. I get GYO so I will look out the previous copies that you want.
Happy Digging

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
Re: Newbie Allotmenteer ...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 19:30 »
Take your time and do it at a pace you can cope with. Take photos so you can post them for all of us to see and for you to compare and see the fruits of your work. 

There is loads of info on the main site - click on the tabs on the top of the page.. here is one you can start with..

http://www.allotment-garden.org/grow-your-own/allotments/clearing-a-new-allotment

Have fun..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

xx
New Allotmenteer

Started by WeedDetester on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post October 31, 2006, 20:10
by Eristic
xx
Prospective allotmenteer!

Started by Geordie on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 20:12
by Munchkin
xx
new allotmenteer and spacing

Started by Patrick on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 31, 2006, 19:05
by muntjac
xx
Hi - first time allotmenteer

Started by al78 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 13, 2013, 17:13
by candygold1

Page created in 0.483 seconds with 29 queries.