Okay... so what have you planted in the ground and...

• 62 Replies

corndolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2007, 11:03 »
We've finished planting onions grown from seed in unheated greenhouse.Usually plant sets but last year was dissappointed with their size , lack of rain I guess. Hoping for better results with these but I will water if we have another dry summer.

Have planted outside under fleece beetroot /lettuce/spinach germinated in greenhouse and hardened off first.

Parsnip seed in drills three weeks ago and I put some in root trainers in greenhouse but nothing showing ,was hoping to transplant them into parsnip patch and compare with direct sown,but I think I'll finish the plot by sowing more seed in drills and at least compare results of early or later sowings.

Garlic planted last september is looking good, the tips of some of the leaves are brown ?? hope its nothing to worry about.

Having day off today giving back a rest after all the onion planting. :)
Growing organic fruit and vegetables

WG.

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2007, 11:18 »
Quote from: "corndolly"
Garlic planted last september is looking good, the tips of some of the leaves are brown ?? hope its nothing to worry about.
Nothing to worry about; happens to mine every year & last year I lifted around 250kg of garlic.

corndolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2007, 11:27 »
Thanks for reassurance WG ,tried Garlic for 1st time last year and the cloves were very small. The plants are looking healthy this time , do you think I should water them during dry spells when the bulbs start to swell.Should I mulch with grass cuttings to keep moisture in soil after rain or will it encourage mould on bulbs.

Harvest in July , should I lift them out of ground when foliage starts dying back like onions. :) Maybe I should have started a new thread about garlic!

xx
Raspberries planted in frozen ground

Started by ianl on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 21, 2012, 20:34
by Bing
xx
Planted out veg

Started by Bec1 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2022, 06:04
by Growster...
xx
What can be planted out.....

Started by sazzy123 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2009, 09:47
by sazzy123
xx
anyone planted yet

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

36 Replies
Last post March 06, 2015, 19:17
by Twitch

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 36 queries.