Planted out veg

• 3 Replies

Bec1

Planted out veg
« on: May 03, 2022, 19:13 »
I just wondering when | can put out my broad beans, runner beans, peas and French beans in the garden

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Planted out veg
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 19:59 »
Broad beans and peas can take a few chilly nights, but you shouldn't plant any beans until after your last frost date.
You'd have to start again if they got frosted, but a quite a few people do plant early (with fingers firmly crossed) 'cos there's still plenty of time to start again if you need to  :D

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 20:03 »
most people have plated out there broad beans but your not to late to sow your broad beans as for runner or French beans we sowed our seed in the greenhouse last week and again if your sowing directly in the ground anytime now but personally I would leave sowings in the open ground till the end of May but other's mite say its ok to sow French or runner beans now ?

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 06:04 »
I have eight 10" pots with two tomato plants in each, and they went out yesterday, but under plastic sheet.

They'll stay like that for a several days, so it's a 'clencher week' for them. I did the same last year, and they survived the awful Spring we had down here, so time will tell! (Got six reserves in the GH just in case).

The sweet peas have been out in their planting bed for three weeks now, and the broad beans have flowers, so we must be getting some sort of luck somewhere down the line! I don't put runners out yet as they've only just started to germinate, and anyway, I always sow a reserve pot from last year's seed in case of a late frost!

xx
ive just planted/set....

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post October 14, 2007, 22:34
by gobs
xx
what can be planted now?

Started by evie2 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 30, 2010, 21:12
by RosieMay
xx
What has everyone planted?

Started by mandycharlie on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post April 16, 2008, 21:00
by sammie261989
xx
What can be planted out.....

Started by sazzy123 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2009, 09:47
by sazzy123

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 34 queries.