What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

3 allotments

• now is the time
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2014, 20:56 »
Filled 220 pots with compost ready to pot on toms and peppers tomorrow,sowed a row of beetroot,mum and her oh came to look around and sowed 250 sweetcorn seeds had a good day :)
diggity dig dig

Snoop

« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2014, 21:25 »
Filled 220 pots with compost ready to pot on toms and peppers tomorrow,sowed a row of beetroot,mum and her oh came to look around and sowed 250 sweetcorn seeds had a good day :)

How do you manage to look after all these plants? Do you need to water them all? I'm amazed at what you manage to achieve, and mostly for a good cause as well.

riggers24

« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2014, 22:01 »
After taking over my plot in the end of October I gave managed to get nine 8'x4' and two 8'x2'. I have nearly finished filling the last bed with riddled compost today and I was able to get beetroots and Swiss chard seeds planted.

It was cold and there was a few minutes where I has hailstones, didn't matter much as my little plot is coming along nicely

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2014, 22:02 »
Repaired the shed roof with new felt (managed to get 1/3 off in homebase so not too bad). Raked over a bed and out in some supports ready for first sowing of peas next wkend. Collected another buckets worth of stones  :nowink:

Also made the first plot crumble of the year  :D - rhubarb picked today and freezer blackberries from last year

rhubarb and blackberry ? that's a new one on me  :ohmy:

Really? I grew up on it! It's gorgeous!

Sparkyrog

« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2014, 22:33 »
Repaired the shed roof with new felt (managed to get 1/3 off in homebase so not too bad). Raked over a bed and out in some supports ready for first sowing of peas next wkend. Collected another buckets worth of stones  :nowink:

Also made the first plot crumble of the year  :D - rhubarb picked today and freezer blackberries from last year

Hmm has freezer blackberries and rhubarb to pick so may try that  :D
I cook therefore I grow

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2014, 23:22 »
Put a floor in my "new" shed ( well new to me) and the rain made outside work hit and miss. Soil is cold so don't want to risk anything yet. Keeping the beds covered!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2014, 06:21 »

Hmm has freezer blackberries and rhubarb to pick so may try that  :D

About 2/3 rhubarb to 1/3 blackberries. Just stick them both in the dish raw (sugar to taste) , add the crumble topping and then bake!

I will stop hijacking this thread now :)

jmc1949

« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2014, 14:22 »
Put weed suppressant fabric around the strawberries and then netted the bed. At least that's one job out of the way.  :)

Yana

« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2014, 15:26 »

How do you manage to look after all these plants? Do you need to water them all? I'm amazed at what you manage to achieve, and mostly for a good cause as well.
A bit off topic but ....
I always grow far too many plants of everything and wondered what Snoop meant when he referred to 'a good cause' 3 allotments? I would like to donate my excess to a worthy cause other than fellow plot holders.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

gypsy

« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2014, 16:23 »
500g onions planted, there were more in the bag than I expected as they were small. They filled one bed and edged around another one.
Catherine

Asherweef

« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2014, 16:31 »
Dug the last of the bamboo up in the backyard (I think it would have been easier to sell the house & buy another) and dug a border in the front lawn. Also gave some feed to all the pots as It's been about 9 months… Whoops…

Now I need to wait for the girlfriend to come back so I can shove the 15 bags of turf in the boot.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2014, 19:59 »
Cleared the remainder of last years rubbish and then took a trip to the tip with this rubbish and the rubbish hubby had "made" at home getting rid of a bush in the front garden that we both hate!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2014, 20:24 »
Went to lottie #2 did some more tilling for the beetroot and parsnip bed,then sowed them 2 rows of peas,2 beetroot,3 parsnip and repotted some toms up :D

jondav14

• Experienced Member
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2014, 12:51 »
Oh look, rain  :(

Spent an hour in the greenhouse, sowing seeds, potting on.  Too wet to be outside again  8)
who pinched me marrow?

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2014, 16:37 »
Sowed some 5 varieties of sweet peas and 5 varieties lettuce/leaf seed. Just a pinch! :)

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego

Page created in 0.94 seconds with 32 queries.