What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Beetroot queen

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1110 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44 »
went to find that the neighbours chickens has scratched up a lot of my onion sets (my fault for not having anything to hand to protect them) so I replanted where I could and put up some chicken wire. I lit a fire and watch all of the weeds go up in flames (gotcha), carried on digging (was there ever a film called carry on digging?) and have got another bed ready to plant. Can't wait to see how much rain got into my waterbutt :-)
not wanting to start a conflict but surely its your neighbours responsibility to keep his chickens of your plot,im pretty sure if mine had dug up my neighbours plot theyd be telling me in uncertain terms what they thought.

I'd be a bit miffed to say the least, are the chickens free range then  :wacko:

Peas let my pumpkins grow

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1111 on: May 08, 2013, 15:02 »
went to find that the neighbours chickens has scratched up a lot of my onion sets (my fault for not having anything to hand to protect them) so I replanted where I could and put up some chicken wire. I lit a fire and watch all of the weeds go up in flames (gotcha), carried on digging (was there ever a film called carry on digging?) and have got another bed ready to plant. Can't wait to see how much rain got into my waterbutt :-)
not wanting to start a conflict but surely its your neighbours responsibility to keep his chickens of your plot,im pretty sure if mine had dug up my neighbours plot theyd be telling me in uncertain terms what they thought.

that doesn't sound like fun - battling slugs, pigeons, cats, dear, greenfly, carrot fly, aphids, various beetles, normal birds and next doors chickens!

richy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1112 on: May 08, 2013, 15:31 »
Planted out some lettuce and had a good hoe.

snowdrops

« Reply #1113 on: May 08, 2013, 15:33 »
Nothing since Sunday as I've been poorly & not for the foreseeable future since I've got Shingles.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1114 on: May 08, 2013, 15:37 »
Nothing for me either, still barking away like a dog. Blooming chest infection.  :mad: I have weeds to stop it's just inconsiderate

Ema

« Reply #1115 on: May 08, 2013, 20:29 »
went up yesterday after work and started clearing and area for peas

Sweetpea C

« Reply #1116 on: May 08, 2013, 20:33 »

It's just the way it is. It's private land and the owner has been really kind to me. I've now put up chicken wire so hopefully it will be okay. Thanks for all your concern though.

that doesn't sound like fun - battling slugs, pigeons, cats, dear, greenfly, carrot fly, aphids, various beetles, normal birds and next doors chickens!
My husband's a water sign, I'm an earth sign, together we make mud :-)

My gardening diary is here - go on, have a peek , you might be able to help me!
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101101.0

Comments most welcome here please
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101102.msg

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1117 on: May 08, 2013, 21:06 »
Planted 16 celery and watered loads
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1118 on: May 08, 2013, 22:51 »
I had the day off from the allotment today. O/h on the other hand was a busy little chappy again, barrowed more top soil from the garden to the plot and enviromeshed the new frame he built for me yesterday that sits nicely on top of the old bath we inherited.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Sweetpea C

« Reply #1119 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27 »
I did greenhouse potting on last night and some juggling with the annuals. There are so many but I still bought a packet of verbena yesterday... there is no hope!

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1120 on: May 09, 2013, 11:02 »
So sunny and warm - just had to get out there 8)  Sowed carrots, beetroot, french beans, radishes in the open, sweetcorn, kale, white & purple broccoli, 2nd lot of sweeetcorn seeds in pots, planted 6 early brussels out.  Opened up the first 1000kgs bag of home-made compost and it is sooooooooo lubberly and crumbly - so spread some of that around.  Now it's too warm for me so in the shade reading (and being tweeted to by the cockatiel!)
Now what shall I do today?

ThePragmatist

« Reply #1121 on: May 09, 2013, 12:00 »
Last night I planted Sweetcorn in toilet rolls, Boston, Butternut and Patty Pan Squash and Courgettes. And a Rainbow Quinoa experiment.

All are now sitting on my minimal window ledges.

jmc1949

« Reply #1122 on: May 09, 2013, 12:54 »
Finished the munty frame this morning. String kept blowing away in the gale force winds ::)

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1123 on: May 09, 2013, 14:15 »
turned over the bed ready for my various brassicas heavily manured and covered since august why i was digging my chooks were having a realt good brekkie on worms lol then dug two trenches and filled with wekk rotted manure compost and moss then watered heavily and covered we soil ready to plant my beans in was gone do another raised bed then it started rainin heavily  :( so spent hour in greenhouse planted two more sungold and two more alicante toms in beds in greenhouse thats 8 of each now still got approx 30 sungold alicant and moneymaker toms in pots think the school summer fair will be taking some for the summer fair to sell pta .

grendel

« Reply #1124 on: May 09, 2013, 14:48 »
just a quick trip today to clear the paths (mow them).
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 32 queries.