What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1095 on: May 06, 2013, 18:12 »
Planted out the peas (Hurst Greenshaft).
Managed to find space for the onion seedlings, so they are all out now.
And I watered...

Made a cup of tea with the ghillie kettle, it is so much easier to light it when everything isn't damp.
Anne

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1096 on: May 06, 2013, 18:45 »
That's it - all spuds in!!
Anybody grown celtuce? I have elsewhere!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 23:27 by Ashurstman »

blackberryjam

« Reply #1097 on: May 06, 2013, 19:16 »
Finished work at 1 went lake fishing for a couple of hours,  :) then went to the plot and give everything a good soaking and removed some more dandelions heads. :)

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1098 on: May 06, 2013, 19:36 »
Helped Mr Max finish off the 'munty' bean frame he has made for me - all from salvaged timber.  He has earned some serious brownie points with this one  :wub:.  Then I puttered about a bit and mowed the paths with our fab new (to us - my lovely friend gave it to us) hand mower.  Such a wonderful sound,  reminded me of childhood summers! 
Meanwhile, Mr Max started to create a tree house/platform affair in the plum tree on the plot next to ours.  The plot owner is an elderly lady (about 93!) and said she would be delighted to let our 8 year old son climb and sit in her tree - how lovely is that?! Then we went to a country pub, sat in the sunshine and had a late lunch.  Good times!  :D

brewerboy

« Reply #1099 on: May 06, 2013, 19:53 »
Built my brassica 'cage' and transplanted three rows of swede( started in the greenhouse) and listened to the neighbour's medical history. Considering the ailments he has, he has a good plot :)

jim1972

« Reply #1100 on: May 06, 2013, 20:19 »
The local centre for adults with learning disabilities have just taken a half plot up from mine so weedkilled it today and my plot neighbpour is going to rotivate it for them in a couple of weeks. Had a bonfire on my plot and gave everything a good water

Handy Andi

• Fowlers Family Allotment
« Reply #1101 on: May 06, 2013, 20:24 »
Made some more comfrey tea, planted out another 50 or so spring onions, my other half gave the strawbs a good weeding and then I watered the whole plot. Feels good to use the hose pipe, like summer is actualy round the corner  :D

seaside

« Reply #1102 on: May 07, 2013, 19:55 »
Dug up half the purple sprouting broccoli that had finished, redeployed it's scarce netting to double up on my recently planted greyhounds to confuse the odd cabbage white that seems to be fluttering around eyeing up my woefully oversized gauge of netting. I WILL buy a smaller gauge net for my cabbages when I can bring myself to do it.

blackberryjam

« Reply #1103 on: May 07, 2013, 21:27 »
Took some Brussels seedlings down to lottie green house, potted on my okra seedlings , Watered , put up a bird feeder and pulled up some more weeds.  :)

thedadtony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1104 on: May 07, 2013, 21:28 »
Planted out the squash and courgettes and potted up the toms. in the greenhouse, nice to feel the the sun on my back for a change.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1105 on: May 07, 2013, 21:31 »
Planted 27 strawberries in the strawberry towers that I bought at Poundland today :-)
Hubby built me a new frame to go over the bath, all it needs now is some enviromesh on it, and we're good to go.
Stayed out until literally the light had all but gone, as have a feeling we might not get there much more this week if the weathermen turn out to be right.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1106 on: May 07, 2013, 22:21 »

Went early to water the onions and peas put in yeaterday.

Potted on loads of perennials that have been overwintering in a grotty corner.  They look so much smarter now.  The plant scheme might get an extra 50p for them now.

Mark's Sussex Allotment

• 38 year old male, Married father of two
    • Mark's Sussex Allotment
« Reply #1107 on: May 07, 2013, 22:35 »
Watered and finished planting sweet corn.
When weeding, the best way to know if its a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull it.

If it comes out easy, it was a valuable plant !

Sweetpea C

« Reply #1108 on: May 08, 2013, 07:06 »
went to find that the neighbours chickens has scratched up a lot of my onion sets (my fault for not having anything to hand to protect them) so I replanted where I could and put up some chicken wire. I lit a fire and watch all of the weeds go up in flames (gotcha), carried on digging (was there ever a film called carry on digging?) and have got another bed ready to plant. Can't wait to see how much rain got into my waterbutt :-)
My husband's a water sign, I'm an earth sign, together we make mud :-)

My gardening diary is here - go on, have a peek , you might be able to help me!
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101101.0

Comments most welcome here please
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101102.msg

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1109 on: May 08, 2013, 07:22 »
went to find that the neighbours chickens has scratched up a lot of my onion sets (my fault for not having anything to hand to protect them) so I replanted where I could and put up some chicken wire. I lit a fire and watch all of the weeds go up in flames (gotcha), carried on digging (was there ever a film called carry on digging?) and have got another bed ready to plant. Can't wait to see how much rain got into my waterbutt :-)
not wanting to start a conflict but surely its your neighbours responsibility to keep his chickens of your plot,im pretty sure if mine had dug up my neighbours plot theyd be telling me in uncertain terms what they thought.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 38 queries.