What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Beetroot queen

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1500 on: June 09, 2013, 19:55 »
Hubby is back up the hill for the third time today, doing some community recycling project and planting out the cucumber. He refused to let me go as he said i looked pale  :lol:

We got 100 various plant pots of freecycle so we have decided to have a drop off point on the site so people can help themselves if they need any pots.

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1501 on: June 09, 2013, 20:07 »
Weeded the carrot patch, sowed more in the gaps, weeded brassica tents, sowed more beetroot, spring onions, more lettuce also. Extended the asparagus patch ready to plant more when they arrive via eBay. Mowed the grass as well
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1502 on: June 09, 2013, 20:15 »
Dug 2 new beds and filled them straight away with 50 sweetcorn plants, Calibrese, brussels and Kale. Feel like I am starting to get somewhere with the plot now  :)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #1503 on: June 09, 2013, 21:03 »
It's always nice when you feel you're getting somewhere on a new plot Matt! :)

samfan

« Reply #1504 on: June 09, 2013, 21:47 »
No plot visit today, but tided my back garden, cut the grass and potted on around 20 tomato plants.  I have more to do, but ran out of compost. :(  I also moved my strawberry plants to a nice sunny spot, they are starting to flower now. :)

Eblana

« Reply #1505 on: June 10, 2013, 11:00 »
Spent all day yesterday up at the plot. 

My OH dug one of the two flower beds for me and planted in my 70 different Dahlia's (planning on competing at the local show this year!), my poor OH is wrecked as it was very warm here yesterday.

I weeded all the other beds.  Dug the bean bed and planted my Runners.  Tied in all the tomatoes, Watered everything.  Need to get a move on the site open day is at the end of the month and I am determined to have everything ship shape for that.

grendel

« Reply #1506 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36 »
looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow, it said rain so not having visited any of my plots for 3 days I visited both, the first  contributed 1 bucket of weeds in the 45 minutes I was there, then the second where I had 3 buckets of weeds over the next 2 hours. so weeding done, back aching and I'm home, the weather is cloudy and grey again.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

mum51965

« Reply #1507 on: June 10, 2013, 14:17 »
Well, what we did over the weekend, finally got the key 10 days ago, went down there, had a go at digging, abandoned that idea, sprayed the lot with glyphosate because of giant hogweed, went down there this weekend with a rotavator, spend 2 1/2 hours on Saturday and an hour on Sunday, then raked it all thoroughly, now looks much better. Going to just plant everything, from potatoes to lettuce and see what takes.

I don't know what is going on down there, I was 52nd on the list last year and yet came up for a plot this year and there are only about 40. When we went down I counted 10 abandoned plots. Must ask someone what is happening when I get to know them.

jmc1949

« Reply #1508 on: June 10, 2013, 15:09 »
Spent yesterday weeding the borders in the garden and this morning was spent weeding 7 raised beds at the plot. Also planted out some 10 broad beans and 10 drawf french bean castandel. 

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1509 on: June 10, 2013, 16:45 »
Dug up a poorly apple tree and, under advice from the nursery where I bought it, have replanted it in a pot for the summer.
Anne

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #1510 on: June 10, 2013, 18:52 »
Took on another half a plot. Happy Days :ohmy:
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

Rosehip

• My Blog
« Reply #1511 on: June 10, 2013, 19:13 »
Thinned out turnips,weeded parsnips and celeriac bed,planted new kiwi plant birthday present :D Watered everywhere hose popped off the tap and watered a bit of next door neighbors plot and they where not happy :unsure: you would think i put down weed killer.Their plot was bone dry they only came up to water  ::)
Weeded strawberry bed,replaced one red cabbage plant that had died.
Pick up rotted manure and started to get new area ready for second crop of peas.Planted out cucumber plant and moved potatoes in planters from the tunnel to outside.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 19:15 by Rosehip »

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1512 on: June 10, 2013, 19:32 »
I went up just to put signs up for the pot recycling and the new recipe sheets.
Went to water the tunnel ( community tunnel) and found both water containers empty so spent 20 mins stood like a garden gnome with a hose in my hand. Why people cant just fill them when they start to get low i will never know.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #1513 on: June 10, 2013, 19:45 »
Popped down for a bit of R & R between work and an evening meeting-

Earthed up again, watered again, glowered at the row (lack of ) parsnips (again  :mad:).

Smiled at the french beans/peas and beets coming along nicely  ::) and picked the biggest radish I've ever grown  :D (bunged in as a 'test radish' to see how the soil is on allotment day1).  Still tooooo scared to let my PSB's leave home for the plot, even though they must be 'teenagers' by now.  There's all sorts of nasties out there- birds/slugs/wind/butterflies. 

Jon Gale

« Reply #1514 on: June 10, 2013, 21:37 »
More digging - a lot harder today, as the clay seems to have baked overnight. Planted up 2 more wigwams of runners, and gave a bit of tlc to the 2 that got battered by the wind yesterday.
Breaking new ground.............literally!

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 29 queries.