Easiest icecream ever

• 17 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: Easiest icecream ever
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 17:28 »
Maryann, I hope you will pardon my presumption as I don't whether or not you would be in a position to treat yourself to an expensive piece of kitchen kit but.....

have you though about getting an icecream machine? You can make really creamy ices without dairy by making sorbets and adding egg whites. The egg white makes it feel very creamy.

The one with the built in freezers are far better than the freeze the bowl ones which as they are not that cheap either are, IMO, not worth the bother. It would be far better to stick with the way you are doing things already.

But if you did have a little spare or  a generous benefactor (as we are coming up to the Winter festival) an icecream maker is brilliant fun, great for making ices for people with diet rectrictions and over future years will save recoup the intial outlay and go on to save you money.

Just a thought, hope you don't mind me making the suggestion. :)

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 14:28 »
Mrs Ball - not offended at all and I have often thought about one (last year I was sooo lucky and got a KitchenAid for Christmas from my husband) so maybe I will drop a hint or three  :lol:
My only concern is that it might sit on the shelf and get dusty  :(
I do like ice cream but am not passionate about it. It's nice now and then and also it stops me feeling left out if I can make one using non-dairy products. Eating out and holidays have become a bit of a trial for me and my condition makes you feel like a pest and some people think you are just imagining it - which is so hurtful. If you have ever witnessed anyone rolled up in agony with stomach cramps, shaking and sweating to the point where you almost pass out you would know it most certainly isn't imagined. Your life can be overtaken by reading food labels, menus, medication contents and also by hoping the nearest loo isn't too far away (and is usable). Holidays - well forget those abroad unless you are really brave. Still musn't grumble, things could be worse and I do think people who genuinely suffer with dairy or lactose intolerance are getting more help now than before so fingers crossed it just continues to improve.
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

Mrs Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 22:43 »
That must be such a trial for you!   An Aussie colleague adopted me as her English mum and she was horribly allergic to sulphites and spends a  lot of time reading labels and asking questions in restaurants. She too has said that going out to eat is a terrible trial. :(

As for the icecream machine, mine sits on the kitchen counter and is very regularly used.
It is one of those pieces of kitchen kit that enthuses and take you over. However if you don't think you would use it tht much then it would be a waste of money.

on the other hand you might find yourself getting hooked on really good ices made with really good ingredients. ;)

xx
soft icecream

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post January 14, 2011, 14:40
by chrissie B
xx
Raspberry Icecream

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post July 18, 2011, 16:42
by Poolfield2
xx
Making icecream

9 Replies
Last post December 30, 2009, 18:59
by Poolfield2
xx
Strawberry and Balsamic icecream

0 Replies
Last post June 18, 2011, 22:26
by Poolfield2

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 28 queries.