Cassis jam!

• 17 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: Cassis jam!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 17:18 »
I don't think i would be likely to try that one Cheshire. The only place I put Amaretto is in my coffee. :D :D

Ah, Mrs B, you don't know what you're missing!  Just think of the Amaretto as posh almond essence - and there's only 1tsp per 8oz jar so it's quite subtle ... it just complements the flavour of the plums and almonds in the chutney.  We had it with a sugar baked gammon roast last night, and it went down a treat!  :D

Well I may be persuaded Cheshire. It would give me an excuse to buy another bottle as the last seems to have evaporated  ::)and I suppose I could use the remaining in my coffee. ::) :D
Mary ann, Perhaps if you were to use a smaller percentage of apples for your next batch it would be less appley. And no you are not alone in having a damson shortage. My mums damson and plum tree was pretty pathetic this year, I only got 2 lb of plums. This is the first year I have had to buy plums and it hurt!

Blackberry and Rhubarb sounds an unusual mix Tony You must let us know how it turns out. Both low in pectin fruit there. Good luck with the set.

Be careful the devil hasn't peed on the blackberries Tony. We are into October.

cheshirecheese

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 17:57 »
I must say Blackberry & Rhubarb sounds intriguing ... do let us know, Tony!   ;)

chrissie B

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 08:18 »
that sound nice would make a lovley ehm ehm present , you pay a fortune for marmalade  with whiskey in it at this time of year .
chrisie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 27 queries.