Help unwell chicken

• 8 Replies

jenashmimi

Help unwell chicken
« on: July 04, 2011, 13:28 »
Hi hope someone can help!! i have 3 hybrid girls all at two and a half years old, been fantastic layers in that time but since Christmas no eggs at all!! thought they maybe having a moult but not many feathers have come out, maybe just having a rest but 7months later still no eggs!
now one of them has a really runny bum, flat comb and not looking to good. still eating just about and drinking a lot, looks like she just wants to sleep. have wormed them, given apple cider and verm-x. last month we gave them a bath (which they loved) and red mited the shed.
have looked at the poo samples on the site and it looks like the one associated with overheating, it has been very warm over the last couple of days, think it could it be that but worried about the other symptoms!!!
Please help someone :(

just been reading the site could she be egg bound?? if so what should i do??
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 13:58 by jenashmimi »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Help unwell chicken
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 18:59 »
did you use the verm-x to worm them?
Staffies are softer than you think.

bantam novice

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 19:53 »
No advice, I'm afraid.  I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with your girls  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

jenashmimi

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 20:36 »
did you use the verm-x to worm them?

yes i did why should i use something else?

she is looking a bit perkier today still very watery poo though!

bantam novice

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 20:45 »
On this forum many people find that VermX can prevent in some cases but does not kill worms effectively if they are present.  The usual recommendation is to use Flubenvet wormer.

jenashmimi

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 20:48 »
No advice, I'm afraid.  I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with your girls  :)

thankyou for the welcome, i love the site and often refer to it being a bit of a novice !
i have books but they never answer all the questions i have thank goodness for the forum ;)

jenashmimi

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 20:50 »
On this forum many people find that VermX can prevent in some cases but does not kill worms effectively if they are present.  The usual recommendation is to use Flubenvet wormer.

ok thanks for the tip,  i'll get some in the morning and try it out :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 21:40 »
that was why I asked - Verm-x is purely a herbal preventative that has no proof of actually working, in fact many have found that it doesn't by which time their birds have a very high worm infestation.
Start tomorrow and give them all a weeks course. Make sure you follow the instructions properly and stop all other treats.

jenashmimi

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 13:47 »
that was why I asked - Verm-x is purely a herbal preventative that has no proof of actually working, in fact many have found that it doesn't by which time their birds have a very high worm infestation.
Start tomorrow and give them all a weeks course. Make sure you follow the instructions properly and stop all other treats.

ok so have given flubenvet to my girls, washed out the run and given poorly chicken (Ashley) a wash and some tlc. whilst washing had a poke around and she seems really squishy under her vent, it seems swollen but she makes no fuss when i touch it. also i noticed she has lost weight since the last bath about a month ago! she still has poo like a water jet, haven't seen her eat today but she is scatching around. it's so frustrating not knowing whats wrong!!
more help please :)

xx
Unwell Chicken

Started by rabuto on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 08:30
by compostqueen
xx
Unwell chicken ??why

Started by Holly Carney on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 22:25
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Is my chicken unwell?

Started by skerts on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post August 21, 2008, 22:06
by Aunt Sally
xx
unwell chicken

Started by kittyb on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 05, 2011, 09:04
by joyfull

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 37 queries.