unwell chicken

• 1 Replies

kittyb

unwell chicken
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:00 »
Good morning :)
I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with a chicken that has suffered a prolapse following laying a giant egg.

A few weeks ago our Rocky the rhode island red had this problem, I managed to push the prolapse back and she spent the next week quietly with no further problems,but since then has laid no further eggs.Can't blame her really.
She has appeared very quiet since and stands outside her group a lot,she was a fiesty hen .
 yesterday I noticed her tail is drooping and she is huched up and not interested in food and drink even refusing her favourite lettuce.She has streaks of whitish dried poo on her bum feathers.

Today she is listless and very reluctant to leave the shed,I have not noticed any runny unusual poos or watery ones.and she has not touched the water yet

All the chucks have been vaccinated as routine by the supplier before they have them.Any help much appreciated.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: unwell chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:04 »
I would get her to a vet as soon as possible, she may have an egg broken inside her or an internal infection and need antibiotics  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
I think my chicken is unwell can you help?

Started by DebbieG on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 11:48
by muntjac
xx
Unwell chicken ??why

Started by Holly Carney on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 22:25
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Unwell Chicken

Started by rabuto on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 08:30
by compostqueen
xx
Help unwell chicken

Started by jenashmimi on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 05, 2011, 13:47
by jenashmimi

Page created in 0.504 seconds with 31 queries.