My wee sussex bantam chicken heaven or not please HELP!!!!!

• 15 Replies

hillfooter

Re: My wee sussex bantam chicken heaven or not please HELP!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 21:02 »
I had my girl in the garden today, lifted her from the nest box and brought her onto soft grass as soon as i put her down she just lay there, i tried moving her and standing her up but she just wouldn't move it's like her wee legs have stopped working. It gave me a good chance to check all her feathers and vent no sign of the lice but she did have what they have left behind hard greyish white balls of eggs at the base of the feather there was only one but quite large my poor lass, i removed it with some effort and a little squak from Gladys she was very brave...
She seemed to enjoy being in the garden and ate everything i put infront of her, but she still has not been to the toilet in 5 days now im so worried for her. She seemed sad when i put her back in the house at around 5pm i will bring her back into the garden tom am i sat with her all day she seemed to like that...
I think she has had alot to cope with in her short time Respitary problems, LICE etc i'm hoping she will get well but it feel's like it has been for such along time she has felt unwell it make's me feel so sad seeing her like this i wish it was me at least i could tell someone what was wrong with me, my poor wee lass  :(

Treating animals as human or ascribing human emotions to animals is called Anthropomorphism which you seem to have a bad case of Pixieswift.  Having lice and being broody is part of being a chicken and not as stressful to chx as you seem to think.  There's no need to worry about her she's probably having a grand old time being fussed over all the time.

Let her be a chicken and lead as natural a life as possible and she will be stress free and as happy as Larry.

HF
Truth through science.

xx
Can anyone help please? West Sussex bantam - maybe!!!

Started by Laurie1203 on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post August 30, 2012, 17:47
by Laurie1203
xx
Help my wee sussex bantam is sneezing like a duck...

Started by Pixieswift on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 11:47
by Pixieswift
xx
A question about the sussex chicken

Started by newhen on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 01, 2009, 10:01
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Our boy is now in chookie heaven.

Started by NormandyMary on The Hen House

32 Replies
Last post November 10, 2010, 19:44
by bantam novice

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 28 queries.