has anyone made a coop out of old recycled pallets if so have yo got a picture?

• 35 Replies

rachelr

there are my girls and their coop they're pretty damn adorable :)

this is a picture of a coop that is virtually identical to ours and is also on ebay this is the link:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-PRE-TREATED-CHICKEN-POULTRY-HEN-COOP-HOUSE-ARK-c3-/170412164691?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item27ad5b4653

clare99d

how many girls do you house in this and what breed are they there lovely  :tongue2:

rachelr

It holds 8 but i got 5 rescue ones I have been told they are hybrids which means some where along the line they were road island reds lol. The house i got is slightly higher than that one. I am looking to get another five or so ex battery hens so will probably get another house like the one i have. They were about 16-18 weeks old and no they have not laid yet lol

grannie anne is the best one to talk to about chicks. wat her and joyful dont know you wont want to learn tee hee xxx

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
LOL Rachel, there are still members on here who leave me standing with their chook knowledge!  But Clare, keep reading these pages as its where I learnt most of what I know, plus a bit of reading and lots of personal experiences!  Not always good ones either!

But chicks?  I love them.  Such an amazing thing to watch that egg sit in the incubator for 3 weeks, then a litle hole appears and within hours, you have fluffy little chicks who know how to eat, drink, scratch and dustbathe! 

but they don't half grow quick!!!!    :D :D

Lastcast

• Experienced Member
Hi, I made my run from some large pallets, 10 x 6 feet, so it was just a case of stripping the excess wood off (lots of brute force, levers and fulcrums !) and then covering the frames with wire mesh. My henhouse is made from packing cases. ( I have posted several other pics on my own posts) Good Luck
coop & run.JPG

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
OH has made all our chook houses out of pallets etc, and lines them with ply

Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

xx
Shed or Proper made coop? Positives and Down falls

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 15, 2009, 17:58
by kimT
xx
Recycled Goods in the henhouse?!

Started by Lost in France on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 21:26
by Oliveview
xx
Recycled plastic chicken homes

Started by walker on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post February 20, 2013, 18:22
by snow white
xx
now the picture!!!

Started by Foxy on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post August 17, 2007, 07:21
by wildeone

Page created in 1.294 seconds with 36 queries.