has anyone made a coop out of old recycled pallets if so have yo got a picture?

• 35 Replies

wildwitchy

Clare you say you only want 3 - I started out with 2 and now have over 40  :lol:

How true is that! Always build a coop with more in mind. I had 2. I said HAD. I'm now on coop number 4..

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
I now have 9 coups  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

wildwitchy

OMG joy! It's only the size of my garden thats restricting me!  :lol: I've just sneaked in another 4 chicks the other day & got 12 hatching eggs in the post for the inky.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
I have two hens now gone broody (both are good mums) so am tempted to get some guinea fowl eggs to pop under them as Annie and Brian the two guinea fowl that Grannie Annie and Brian gave me are absolutely brilliant however Annie will have to have a name change as I am fairly sure she is really a he (the guinea fowl not Grannie Annie  ::):lol:

clare99d

i cant wait to want more its just the cost of getting the coop at the moment  :(

there all very expensive and still have no idea where to start if im going to try and build one!

and when im looking at coops im not quite sure as to how big they have to bei know the run needs to be bigger than what the all in ones offer im so confussed lol

thanks for the replies guys anyone recommend anything on the run coop side i have around £100 at the moment my sons school hatched 6 eggs around 4 weeks ago and my son is driving me crazy i remember my dad having them when we were younger but never seemed that interested back then lol

wildwitchy

ha ha, I can't help you with guinea fowl! What I know you can write on postage stamp! They are grey and they're a bird! lol.

Claire, Take heart- I built all mine myself with no woodworking knowledge. I just looked on the internet for help - "Build your own chicken coops". Like everyone else, items were begged, stole n borrowed so to speak. Some bits were right bodge looking but the chickens havent complained & few years later they're still standing..With more time & learning I've got a bit better. My chicken coop run is a peice of fencing covered over with tarpaulin! It's stood up to last winter so thats not bad & the chooks are dry. I've also wired a light in the run for the dark winter nights.

clare99d

i went out today and find myself thinking abount things i see and saying to myself ohhhh if only i had that i could............ :D

lol i think i have chicken fever lol

Elcie

Where abouts in the country are you Clare?  It might be that you are near one of the members on here and you might get to go and have a look at a coop/run or two?

clare99d

hi elcie im just outside of cardiff near barry!

rachelr

keep an eye on ebay I got a wicked coop big enough for 8 for £92 including postage.

I have had to make the run but thats just bits of wood and chicken wire. However i did put a net roof on after one flew out and was caught by my dog lol

clare99d

have you got a pic rachelr?

rachelr

i dont have any good ones but here goes

rachelr

rachelr

ok its telling me its too beg anyone out there who can help pretty please

clare99d

hehe i cant see it :O(

xx
Shed or Proper made coop? Positives and Down falls

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post April 15, 2009, 17:58
by kimT
xx
Recycled Goods in the henhouse?!

Started by Lost in France on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 21:26
by Oliveview
xx
Recycled plastic chicken homes

Started by walker on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post February 20, 2013, 18:22
by snow white
xx
Picture

Started by Oakdalebirds1 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 16:07
by Oakdalebirds1

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 28 queries.