Mycoplasma - Q?

• 100 Replies

karlooben

Re: Mycoplasma - Q?
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 21:18 »
when i went to the vet sunday i was told that they are now willing an have been learning more and more about chickens and thier probelms as more and more ppl are keeping them which i think is a good thing also it was very cheap sunday so that part i cant moan about  :lol:.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 21:20 »
Lots of vets are getting on board whith chooks now Looby.  It's very good for chicken keeper and obviously good for vets  :lol: ::)

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2009, 21:21 »
Thanks, my vet is cheap,its that she never tells me what is wrong just dishes out the jabs, mine are the only chickens shes sees-ever.
   Things are a bit different over here-shes the best one , believe it or not ::)
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2009, 21:21 »
If the vet has prescribed antibiotics looby then finish the course regardless of what it is,  as an uncompleted course will just let whatever bugs were causing the problem (if any) gain a resistance to antibiotics!

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2009, 21:23 »
My vets are great and have their own chickenlady (no not Debbie off here  :lol:) vet who will discuss things with me over the phone and also visits are not expensive there. The treatment for my myco case was about £32 and that included blood tests, injection, metacam and aureomycin - I know it was a year ago but further consultations have also been reasonable.
Staffies are softer than you think.

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2009, 21:34 »
Jofull, that is a good price for all that, and its worth it to get a correct diagnosis, i'm only 'presuming' with mine i know , but for one of the Sablepoots its the 3rd time since i bought her in Feb, no laying , pale, snotty, eyes looka bit swollen, decreased appetite, sleepy- all in all not good me thinks :(

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2009, 22:45 »
We understand that completely Debbie  :D

If you transfere the thought to humans then vaccination and any intervention by the medical profession which means people live on to reproduce children are also responsible for weakening of the human gene pool and working against natural selection.

Both Worzel and I and many of our living friends and relatives would have died  before passing on their dodgey genes to offspring.  :ohmy:

I don't think many would say medical science is a bad thing though :D
  Most of the vaccines you can get are actually very cheap, i get the infectious brochitus vaccine for £1.00 the Newcastle disease for £2.00 and Mareks for £10.00, its the mycoplasma ones that are expensive and the cocciodosis. But i hatch around 500 chicks a month so i do it for the wellfare of the babes! 

Croad, where do you get those vaccines so cheap?  I got similar ones last year for one of my Babcock flocks and they cost me over £30

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2009, 23:07 »
I know who the breeder is that some of you are talking about and i can asure you that it didnt come from there..........

I'm confused now  :wacko:

I've just read through this entire thread and can't see any reference to a breeder selling sick  chooks :wacko: 

Am I missing something ?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2009, 23:09 »
I couldn't see anything either, thought it was just old age creeping up on me!!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2009, 23:20 »
nope me neither!  ??? and i not old!  :lol:

debbie x

karlooben

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2009, 06:10 »
i'm always confused :lol: :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2009, 08:35 »
I couldn't find any reference either and I am old although not yet senile  :blink:

too many girls

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2009, 09:04 »
funny you should say that :D i read through all 6 pages again >:(looking for the breeder that wasn't selling dodgy chicks, and i couldn't find it either.

Big Jen

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2009, 15:44 »
I is old and a bit daft :lol:
Read all 6 pages and I cant find it :wacko:
Jenny
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

croad langshan

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2009, 17:41 »
We understand that completely Debbie  :D

If you transfere the thought to humans then vaccination and any intervention by the medical profession which means people live on to reproduce children are also responsible for weakening of the human gene pool and working against natural selection.

Both Worzel and I and many of our living friends and relatives would have died  before passing on their dodgey genes to offspring.  :ohmy:

I don't think many would say medical science is a bad thing though :D
  Most of the vaccines you can get are actually very cheap, i get the infectious brochitus vaccine for £1.00 the Newcastle disease for £2.00 and Mareks for £10.00, its the mycoplasma ones that are expensive and the cocciodosis. But i hatch around 500 chicks a month so i do it for the wellfare of the babes! 

Croad, where do you get those vaccines so cheap?  I got similar ones last year for one of my Babcock flocks and they cost me over £30
  Hi, i go to a wholesaler, i get a prescription from my vet which i can use up to four times and i go direct to the drugs company basically. Speak to your vet and see what they say.!

xx
MYCOPLASMA

Started by The Oxtish on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 05, 2008, 14:12
by Aunt Sally
xx
Mycoplasma?

Started by D on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post August 10, 2010, 08:47
by joyfull
xx
Mycoplasma

Started by Truffle on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 22:49
by Chookiechook
xx
Mycoplasma

Started by JaK on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 10, 2012, 11:03
by JaK

Page created in 0.475 seconds with 30 queries.