I dont know what i need and what to do?

• 5 Replies

jack

« on: January 14, 2009, 21:27 »
i am getting chickens when we move back to our other house because we have allot of land, but i need to know what i need to keep them where to get them and daily rountines and stuff. if anyone has good info or somthin just reply to  this please :)  :)  :)  :)  8)  8)  8)  8)

agapanthus

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 21:31 »
First thing to do is buy a decent book and learn about them. Choox do get quite a few problems so it's best to be aware of what the problems are before they get them. This goes for keeping any animal  :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 21:45 »
Hi Jack. Welcome. :)

There's an article written by one of our members here.

As Agapanthus says, there's so much to know that it's best to find out as much as you can, then ask any questions you're not sure about, then start looking around for equipment and suppliers. It can be a minefield but very rewarding if well prepared for  :)

Rob 8)

jack

coops and runs?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 18:24 »
i have ordered a book from this website and should be here in a few days but do you know any good places to buy coops and runs? i would like a spacious one with around 10-12 beds do u no anywhere?

poultrygeist

Re: coops and runs?
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 18:56 »
Quote from: "jack"
i have ordered a book from this website and should be here in a few days but do you know any good places to buy coops and runs? i would like a spacious one with around 10-12 beds do u no anywhere?

Good start jack. You'll have loads of questions once you've read it. Don't knwo anywhere in WIltshire but there's a few members in and around your neck of the woods.
Which part of wilts are you in ?
There's plenty of mail order places but any decent coop and run will cost a few hundred, especially for up to a dozen. You may be better off buying a half decent shed and fitting it out. It wouldn't need much more than a shelf or two at low level to put nestboxes on and a couple of timber perches that they sleep on.

The run would need to be in the region of 4mx4m plus an area to free range or bigger if they are to stay in the run.

Rob 8)

jack

the run
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 16:11 »
im having them free range .... kind of. because we get foxs round our area im going to put an electric fence round the outside and when im around i will let them run around the fields.

xx
i just dont know what to do

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2009, 18:21
by karlooben
xx
dont know what to do,help??

Started by milly8 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 21:25
by milly8
xx
:( dont want to do this but think i need to

Started by clairerey on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 10:15
by clairerey
xx
WHAT DONT THEY EAT?????

Started by SUTTY1 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post December 24, 2009, 00:29
by SUTTY1

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 28 queries.