i just dont know what to do

• 3 Replies

karlooben

i just dont know what to do
« on: April 15, 2009, 17:55 »
one of my girls that was ill has picked up but another one went all funny an her belly swelled up so i have taken her to the vets an they said she had egg petinitos { cant spell that } so shes on baytril for 5 days an she should recover , but the one i mentioned in another post with the scaleys legs is having trouble walking an is seeming weak on them any ideas please ,,, shes been a bit ill on an of for a week now i've given her some baytril as well but i reckon she wont make it though the night .

i shall be back on later tonite as i am going out for a meal with my works .my god this has been one hell of a day  :( :(

thanks guys
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Vember

Re: i just dont know what to do
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 18:10 »
Has she got any lumps/bumps on her feet Looby ? Are her feet swollen? Do they feel warm ?

Sarah :)

raeburg

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 18:17 »
Hi looby

My vet put a catheter needle into the abdomen of my hen with egg peritonitis to let the fluid out of her abdominal cavity a it was stopping her from breathing and eating/drinking.  About 120ml of fluid came out and she's been on baytril for a week.  Making a good recovery now.  Same q's as Sarah really - any other symptoms?

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 18:21 »
theres no other syptoms and her feet look ok and shes also eating well , i have had such a bad afternoon with trying to catch a very old pony that i forgot the liquid parrafin but i will get that in the morning an treat her scalley legs before work an see if that softens up her skin . what else could make them weak on thier legs . i got to go but will be back later tonite .

xx
I dont know what i need and what to do?

Started by jack on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 16, 2009, 16:11
by jack
xx
dont know what to do,help??

Started by milly8 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 21:25
by milly8
xx
:( dont want to do this but think i need to

Started by clairerey on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 10:15
by clairerey
xx
WHAT DONT THEY EAT?????

Started by SUTTY1 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post December 24, 2009, 00:29
by SUTTY1

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 36 queries.