Fruit bush plant delivery help please

• 2 Replies

sclarke624

« on: January 09, 2009, 18:02 »
Hi I just had delivered the following, in pots.  Should I leave them in conservatory for a while till weather warms up (think thats a no), or can I leave outside in pots for a month or two.  They are all in a pots at the mo', don't quite understand  the raspberrys as I am going to put three canes to a pot (as Ihave been told I can do) but they seem to be bunched together in a 12" pot ..........thirteen canes.  The blackcurrant is going in ground which is frozen in a morning sun spot, slight shade afternoon in summer.  The blueberries will be pot grown in erica's wotsit :D  soil.

Blackcurrant ben conan
 blueberry bluecrop
 blueberry bluegold
 raspberry autumn Bliss

I only ordered 10 canes and as avvised by you mottley lot :lol: looked around and although crocus.co.uk got them for just under ten pound as I wanted other stuff didn't mind delivery charge.  Blackcurrant was £4.49 and blueberries were £9.99 each.  I probably could have got from garden centre cheaper but couldn't be a*sed.

Ta very
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

Trillium

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 20:31 »
That's the common way for raspberries to come - in bunches either in a single pot or barerooted in a tied bunch. If the ground is still rather frozen, then best to keep them in a cool conservatory or greenhouse for now and let them all stay dormant until better planting weather comes along. All are hardy and will happily survive. If anything is barerooted, simply heel it into a pot of soil for now until later planting. At this time it's hard to know if the plants came out of a warm storage area or are just breaking their dormancy, which would probably setback the plant if put outside in the cold now. If you've got nowhere cool to store them, put them in a sheltered corner outside and cover with some burlap, fleeze or old blanket for now to keep a steady cool temperature.

sclarke624

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 20:49 »
Thanks trillium

The raspberry canes are about three foot high.  I wonder if I should prune them in Feb to ground level being as they will be newly planted.  I have read that apparently you are supposed to do this with autumn fruiting.  Some of the canes have fresh little leaves on them.

xx
strawberry plant delivery.

Started by gowing238 on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post September 16, 2010, 11:01
by Jamie Butterworth
xx
fruit bush

Started by veg-grower on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2006, 22:21
by noshed
xx
FRUIT BUSH

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 22, 2012, 18:12
by arugula
xx
can you id this fruit bush?

Started by LouieandJoes Dad on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 03, 2009, 20:35
by LouieandJoes Dad

Page created in 0.545 seconds with 30 queries.