bl**dy thieving swines

• 26 Replies

welsh boyo

• Experienced Member
bl**dy thieving swines
« on: August 17, 2008, 20:39 »
ok i probably used a lot stonger words when i noticed what they had done.

I got to my lottie this afternoon and to my horror found that not only had someone raided my runner beans they had also flattend my entire sweetcorn crop.

it looks like that it was a few days ago as instead of just picking the beans they have ripped the pods of causing damage to plant themselves and now all the foilage( inc small runners) above the damage is now withering away, and i suspect that as they were doing this he/she lost her footing and tumbled backwards into my sweetcorn.
the corn was in a nice square but is now flat to the floor in 3 directions (as if some fell backwards and spalyed there arms to protect themselves if know what i mean.

i got a mate in the forces and was thinking of asking for a few landmines to put around the beans just in case they come back :twisted:
Sanity is just a playground for the un-imaginative

Only once the last tree has died, the last river poisoned and the last fish eaten will we realise that you cant eat money

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 20:47 »
:twisted: Rotten swine's unfortunately it seems a growing trend as people get short of money  :(
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

digalotty

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 21:16 »
being skint is no reason to pinch off others, its more like lazyness too idle to grow their own
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Ice

• muck spreader
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 21:20 »
I like the landmine idea or this one.
Cheese makes everything better.

agapanthus

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 21:25 »
Totally agree Ice  :twisted:

Boating in a field

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 21:52 »
Oh no, that's terrible. It is a worry though. I keep looking at the fence around our site and thinking waist-high really isn't enough. You just know there's no way they'd put a higher one up and in a way it would be a shame to but the first time this happens to me, I'm going to be there all night with a canon!  :twisted: If you require any canon help, it would be my pleasure!

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 22:05 »
Oh the rotten gits , hope they choke on them!  :evil:

chickchick

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 22:19 »
sorry to hear that, i hope they choke too!

hammers07

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 22:29 »
ive also lost some veg too. Most of my red onions have been taken (i had a lovely crop about two weeks ago coming along nicely they were. went down last week and all i have is 5 left. rest had been dugup. Also lost three rows of potatoes fom top end of my allotment.
A slug is for life not just for the allotment

Scrubby

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 23:18 »
I am so sorry to hear your bad news.  I know exactly how you feel as I had things stolen from me a couple of weeks ago; all my potted herbs, my bay tree, my grow bags and pots for potting on and my veg out of the ground - all my lettuces, beetroot, onions and radishes.

I reported it to the police and they treated me like an utter time waster and expressed no interest whatsoever, not that I expected them to tear off with blue lights blazing but still!

Queston is, what can we do to prevent further thefts like this?  Part of me was so disheartened I thought 'what's the point of planting more, they'll only steal that as well' but I guess if you think that, they will have won.

Landmines seem like a good option, or we could rely on karma? :D
Why so serious?

rawbinood

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 23:26 »
Thats damn rotten

Last year we had a youth stealing apples. Big Howgate wonder apples. Damaged the poor old tree  :x. So we got tall nettles all around it this year. They work but I think landmines would be more efficient  :lol:

deezkatz

• mud boots blogspot
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 23:38 »
someone's stole a fair few bits of a neighbours plot too, i said as well how disheartening it is! we just about beating the rats off and now we have people walking around with carrier bags very late at night!!! :(
Dee

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37 »
MrsSpudtheBinx saw another plotholder removing things from our neighbors plot yesterday. Tbh we don't know if he already had permission but we will ask the neighbor when we see him next. I hope it was ok as the idea of plotholders being thieves gets my goat more that if it was the local chavs.

willnbirdie

• Experienced Member
bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 11:07 »
Hi

there have been several thefts on our allotments over recent weeks, some think it's just bored school kids (6-week holiday syndrome) or as you say stealing when money gets tight.  Either way it's wrong.

I think we are just waiting for it to happen to us we have a good crop of runners coming and some really lovely calabrese and I guess if we get away with it we will consider ourselves lucky.  An awful thing to say but I guess that's just the way it is these days.

willnbirdie

Knoblauch

bl**dy thieving swines
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 12:11 »
Hi hammers, I'm from S'bridge too, is your lotty in the block in Amblecote near the hospital?  Sorry to hear about the thefts, apart from choking on them I can't see how the subtle health benefits of veg can possibly work for t0&%*** like that, they'd be better off eating Lidl tinned rubbish and paying for it.  :?

xx
Thieving B******ds

Started by washsaint on Grow Your Own

34 Replies
Last post May 25, 2009, 14:19
by sunshineband
xx
Who's thieving my leeks?

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 27, 2015, 09:41
by madcat
xx
frost again grrr thieving beggars :x

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 24, 2008, 21:55
by kezlou

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 37 queries.