Thieving B******ds

• 34 Replies

washsaint

Thieving B******ds
« on: May 23, 2009, 20:40 »
Words cannot describe my anger this morning.....went up to the allotment ot open the greenhouse vents and my gate was on the floor.  Going up my plot, I thought something was missing and then quickly realised some thieving person had stolen my shed!

Not the stuff in it (worth far more than a £90 B&Q shed)....they dumped that by the side but they took the whole flaming shed!

I really feel sorry for some folks if they have to steal a £90 shed...............

To be honest, my first thoughts were to give up the plot but I ain't going to let the gits win!

out4nowt

• Experienced Member
Re: Thieving B******ds
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 20:43 »
I don't blame you for being angry. I know I would be fuming too.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 20:45 »
That is despicable.  Probably stolen to order in these days of financial doom and gloom.  Barstewards. >:(
Cheese makes everything better.

GillyHen

• Not far enough from the madding crowd
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 21:23 »
You have my commiserations.  >:(

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 21:32 »
That is despicable.  Probably stolen to order in these days of financial doom and gloom.  Barstewards. >:(

Couldn't have put it better myself.  Every sympathy.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 22:06 »
same thing happened to me only around Christmas time  they stole my sprouts and my cabbage and for that matter of fact most of my tools

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 22:11 »
I have a garden that is largish but not quite large enough.  I've been on an allotment waiting list for a while now and am wondering whether it is worth it.

The speight of thefts from allotments lately make me wonder if it would be worth it.  The allotments I am waiting on have been the victim of recent thefts too.

garddwr

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 22:20 »
Thats awful. I can only repeat what has already been said.

What are your next step ? Are you going to/have you called the police ?

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 22:30 »
I suppose it was only a matter of time until this sort of thing started to happen, all the new B&Q sheds appear instead of old doors nailed together.  Im guessing they were stealing to order. It really is sickening.

Like the old bloke next door says "they'll steal the sugar out your tea if your not careful"

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 22:33 »
Sorry to hear about your shed. It's disheartening, to say the least!
Vandals recently pulled the door off mine then tried to burn it down. They left a cardboard box burning inside but it obviously went out as that's how I found it. Lots of other plot holders sheds had been ransacked too and a few had greenhouses smashed. Makes me sick! The police reckon it's kids and say theres not much they can do.
I'm in the process of turning the whole back garden over to raised beds so I can carry on growing veg. Not half as much room as on the plot but I'm considering giving it up at the end of this season. Haven't decided yet. At least growing stuff at home I know no-one will destroy my efforts. They're scumbags, the lot of 'em  :mad:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 22:41 »
I completely understand your reasoning.  I used to have a largish lawn and have converted half of it to raised beds.  Do I convert the rest as I would like to or leave it as it is?

You know what?  You can't eat grass!!!!!!  Bye bye lawn.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 22:47 »
Sorry to hear that washsaint - as you say I think it is a sign of the times sadly. We have had a spate of burgularies round here - the latest happened to friends one evening while they were IN their  house watching TV ! But as you say - don't let 'em win, best defence is to carry on as normal.

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 22:50 »
 :lol:  I hear ya, Ice.
I was just so disgusted when it happened I had half the garden dug up within days, which is why I've hardly been online, properly, for weeks lol

FCG

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 23:06 »
What awful people there are about now. I'm sorry to hear this as it's sickening someone would do something so calculated and cold.

Ice you'll have to get my system going, back garden for vegetables, front garden for flowers.

To be honest I can't really see the point of front gardens other to create a buffer between the path and the house though.

MoreWhisky

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 23:33 »
As someone who has just put  a shed on my plot this story fills me with dread.

I would feel like giving up to!

Keep looking in the paper and you should end up getting a cheap one soon .

GL.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

xx
bl**dy thieving swines

Started by welsh boyo on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post August 21, 2008, 00:53
by dugless
xx
Who's thieving my leeks?

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 27, 2015, 09:41
by madcat
xx
frost again grrr thieving beggars :x

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 24, 2008, 21:55
by kezlou

Page created in 0.606 seconds with 36 queries.