How do I add Photo's ??

• 22 Replies

Fat Hen

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 22:31 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
Quote from: "Fat Hen"
Eyup, I don't suppose you know anyone by the name of Joe Brown do ya?

In 70's used to be into rock climbing and did a route on Cloggy named Vember, first done by Joe, a belter it was.

He moved to N Wales from Manchester.

That man was a hero !

I started climbing in the peaks a few years ago but had to give up after I summersaulted down the stairs and ended up with frozen shoulder.

Rob

Aw!  Shame :cry:   I've not climbed for some yrs now  :cry: (too fat & broken), really miss it at times.  Now taken up sailing.  Would really like to encourage my 2 daughters into Climbing & outdoor stuff but really need to get a whole lot fitter.

poultrygeist

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 22:36 »
It's a great lesson in not giving up.

The first advice I had was 'If you're stuck, go up' ! It's true.

No better way of getting off a face.

I think I'd struggle these days. Fingers all gnarled but I do miss it too. Not too many crags in the fens so I'm not tortured by it. One day.

R

Fat Hen

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 22:44 »
It's a great lesson in not giving up.

The first advice I had was 'If you're stuck, go up' ! It's true.

No better way of getting off a face.

I think I'd struggle these days. Fingers all gnarled but I do miss it too. Not too many crags in the fens so I'm not tortured by it. One day.

R

Yeah, not too much around here in Blackpool either :lol: .  However last week had to go to a meeting in Leeds where i used to live, not particularly liking motorways (tendency to fall asleep through boredom), went by A59.  Passing Ilkley where i cut my teeth as a climber & there in distance was Armscliffe crag my absolute favourite, though only small a real mean b'stard, would be there 3-4 evenings a week back in the "good old days". :lol:

poultrygeist

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 22:50 »
I started out indoor in Sheff (Foundry) and then Stanage (crowded!) and Curbar, etc - all Derbyshire grit. Tried Limestone a couple fo times which I enkoyed til it rained and then became v scary.

Never got past v diff but was starting to make progress when I had to stop. The guy who started me was a triathlete so I had to learn fast to keep up seconding. Never led except indoor learnign wall.

Oh happy days.

Fat Hen

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 23:03 »
I started out indoor in Sheff (Foundry) and then Stanage (crowded!) and Curbar, etc - all Derbyshire grit. Tried Limestone a couple fo times which I enkoyed til it rained and then became v scary.

Never got past v diff but was starting to make progress when I had to stop. The guy who started me was a triathlete so I had to learn fast to keep up seconding. Never led except indoor learnign wall.

Oh happy days.

Climbed all over Britain summer & winter but my favourite place (excepting Almscliffe) was Tremadog.  Our club had a hut a few miles from there.  Climbing was great seemed like forever summer (or maybe thats just looking back through the rose tinteds) :lol: .  And was a good cafe just below.

Vember

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55 »
Yes the name Vember is after the Rock Climb :)
My O/H used to do alot of climbing and named my first cat Vember after the climb. Vember died in October hence me using it as my name a kind of remembrance:)

O and Sorry PG the caravan is there for my parents who turn up every so often when they want eggs :)

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 12:19 »
Maybe hens and climbing go together...we used to climb as well...usually North Wales or Lake District but also the gritstone in Derbyshire! Wouldn't get me doing it now though...only did it  then because (potential) OH spent all his free-time away climbing so...no choice really if I wanted to spend any time with him!!  Watching the "girls" might not be as energetic but it's just as exciting!!   :wink:

Judi

Vember

How do I add Photo's ??
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 12:47 »
Hi  Judi, we used to live in Cheshire and spent alot of time in Derbyshire too! Personally I prefer being here on Bird watch it's more fun. Never a dull moment  :D

xx
What age? PHOTO

Started by SarahJC on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 21:15
by Ice
xx
Photo's hopefully

Started by PJM on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 14, 2008, 11:57
by PJM
xx
Why can't I attach a photo?

Started by Carshay on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 26, 2012, 04:47
by Plot74
xx
Going to try putting a photo on here.

Started by GrannieAnnie on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post October 04, 2006, 23:13
by greenie

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 28 queries.