Amberlinks, how to do it right!!!!

• 22 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 22:24 »
Hey Rob, don't make so may toys that they can't move though!!!!!  They can't be bored, at yours, with all thsoe toys!  Munty doesn't provide toys, just Aggy singing to them!!!!! lol

Funny you should say that though Munty, as when we knew our friend in Suffolk who has free range hens, he used to play the radio to them all day long!

How do you give them the garlic????

poultrygeist

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 22:31 »
As for the toys, it's more like a couple of flower pots and a CD but I like to overplay it !

They have a few branches and logs which they like to perch on to preen and generally nose at next door when he's digging. He tries to ignore them but with 6 feathered faces staring you know you're being watched  :lol:

I wondered about a radio but what station ? Are they radio 1 street kids or radio 2 cardigan wearers ? ..or maybe radio 4 culture vultures ?

Can't be Radio Lincolnshire. Can it ?

agapanthus

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 22:35 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
Hey Rob, don't make so may toys that they can't move though!!!!!  They can't be bored, at yours, with all thsoe toys!  Munty doesn't provide toys, just Aggy singing to them!!!!! lol

Funny you should say that though Munty, as when we knew our friend in Suffolk who has free range hens, he used to play the radio to them all day long!

How do you give them the garlic????

......what you do is.....acquire some wild garlic bulbs......plant in pots....cover pots with carrier bag (so the chooks can't get to the leaves).... wait for a bit of wind to rustle the bags.......chooks get on table to check out noise.....pull bag off pots and eat the garlic leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 22:36 »
LOLOLOL   dunno, you'd have to try it and see which stations produce the most eggs!!!!!!     :lol:  :lol:

I might try it actually, now we've got leccy down the shed!!!!

poultrygeist

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 22:39 »
Quote from: "agapanthus"

......what you do is.....acquire some wild garlic bulbs......plant in pots....cover pots with carrier bag (so the chooks can't get to the leaves).... wait for a bit of wind to rustle the bags.......chooks get on table to check out noise.....pull bag off pots and eat the garlic leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Garlic flavoured eggs. Now there's a thought.  :D

R

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 22:58 »
Who eats the garlic leaves, the chooks or you???????   I'm a bit dim at times!!!!!    :lol:

garlic flavoured chicken!!!!!

agapanthus

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 12:53 »
Who eats the garlic leaves, the chooks or you???????   I'm a bit dim at times!!!!!    :lol:

self -basting!!!! ;)

agapanthus

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 12:54 »
Quote from: "agapanthus"

self -basting!!!! ;)

Both!!!!!

xx
Amberlinks

Started by babypoogle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 12:20
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 36 queries.