Amberlinks, how to do it right!!!!

• 22 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« on: March 02, 2008, 15:57 »
Well, you lot out there!  If you want to know how to get all your Amberlinks laying!!!!!!!!
>
>
>
Talk to Munty!!!!!!    He has just told me that he has all 12 of his laying now!!!!

And this morning I had one customer on the phone complaing because only 1 of her 3 is laying!!!!!   When can she EXPECT the other 2 to follow suit?????

babe

• elvis king of chooks
Re: Amberlinks, how to do it right!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 18:18 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
And this morning I had one customer on the phone complaing because only 1 of her 3 is laying!!!!!   When can she EXPECT the other 2 to follow suit?????

when they are flippin well good and ready, bless their little cottons

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 18:33 »
Some people Grannie  :roll:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 19:31 »
Oh I know!  Unbelieveable arent they?  What does she think a chicken is?  A machine????  Anyway, they are going to wait until after their holidays on 18th March, they come back on 28th March and she will let me know if they are all laying.  If not, I said (just to shut her up!) that I will exchange the 2 that are not laying for 2 that are!  

but then, like Munty said, if they are not happy they won't lay, so are they not being fed right, or too cramped, or too stressed.  I don't know.  she said they are in one of those triangular pyramidy things, which doesn't sound huge, but then your eglu isn't the biggest henhouse going Aunty, but your girls are still happy and lay most of the time!!!!!

Some people eh?  I suppose its because chickens are the 'in' thing at the moment!!!!!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 19:33 »
its great that so many people are getting chickens. tho i cant help wondering what happens when some of these people dont fall in love with chooks like we do, and they get bored.

especially when next winter rolls around.

poultrygeist

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 19:36 »
Ha...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We had 2 today !!!  :D  :D  :D

So that's a 100% increase on previous production figures.
Beat that !!!

No idea which of our ladies provided our tea but we thanked them all anyway.
Munty must have some secret formula in a dark brown bottle covered in dust in the shed.  :shock:

The first one this morning had a bit of a wrinkly end as if she'd sat down on it while it was a bit soft.

Top view....

Side view...shaped for speed !!

Clever girls.
Rob

poultrygeist

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 19:38 »
We've come up with a theory that they are very gregarious and love company so Munty dozen might be happier, though your lot should be chucking 'em out by the dozen if that were true.
So must be that they prefer very hairy blokes !

R

muntjac

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 19:58 »
Quote from: "poultrygeist"
Ha...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We had 2 today !!!  :D  :D  :D

So that's a 100% increase on previous production figures.
Beat that !!!

No idea which of our ladies provided our tea but we thanked them all anyway.
Munty must have some secret formula in a dark brown bottle covered in dust in the shed.  :shock:

The first one this morning had a bit of a wrinkly end as if she'd sat down on it while it was a bit soft.

Top view....

Side view...shaped for speed !!

Clever girls.
Rob

The top one looks as if she did'nt want to part with it!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
still alive /............

ck2day

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 19:59 »
I put a post on yesterday reporting that our group of Amberlinks had laid 18 in the builders yard over the previous week or so!  

We also had 3 today.

Must be doing something right.  (mind you judging by the worms they have consumed today whilst helping me dig the garden, they wont be able to move let alone lay any eggs tomorrow)!!!!

poultrygeist

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 20:00 »
:lol:

Go on then Munty, what's the secret ?

12 out of 12....we've now got 2 out of 6 laying and the others looking like they're not far behind.

Do you sing them songs or something ?

Rob

poultrygeist

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 20:03 »
Quote from: "ck2day"
I put a post on yesterday reporting that our group of Amberlinks had laid 18 in the builders yard over the previous week or so!  

We also had 3 today.

Must be doing something right.  (mind you judging by the worms they have consumed today whilst helping me dig the garden, they wont be able to move let alone lay any eggs tomorrow)!!!!

Yours eat worms too !!???

Blimey. We'll have to start teaching ours how to be grown up chickens.  :roll:
R

muntjac

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 20:58 »
welllllllllll 8)  it may the layers pellets ,, the barley ,,,,the masses of green stuff .wild garlic included  the rain :roll:  but im sure its the " chicken lady " she talks to them non stop :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

poultrygeist

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 21:06 »
I'll have to get my own chicken lady to talk to ours. They'll lay an egg out of submission !!  :wink:

They seem to be really keen to have a talk to us every time we go out the back door. Even if we're stood at the kitchen window they climb up on their bricks and peer over the windbreak.

Annie suggested they want to get out of their run and have a chomp on the lawn which makes sense but I think they are just very nosy and want to be in the thick of it. And no fear either. They make no attempt to get out of the way if we go in but that may be normal.

Rob

muntjac

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 21:08 »
you need to  """"""" let the birds run free """""""""""""""  matey ....... you will see the eggs when my friendss are freeeeeeeee :twisted:

poultrygeist

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 21:16 »
If only....the dog would chase them, next door wouldn't appreciate them running round his garden and the graveyard/nature reserve next door wouldn't be safe for them.

100' hedge one side and 2'-6" fence on the other. As we can afford we'll make the run bigger. It's about 16m2 in all but I'm gonna add 3m2 in a bit.
They're far from cramped but must be frustrating seeing al that grass. And boring too. Need to make a few more toys and change teh adventure playground round a bit. Give em challenges.

xx
Amberlinks

Started by babypoogle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 12:20
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 36 queries.