What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

grendel

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #855 on: September 20, 2015, 14:42 »
Hip playing up, so I just picked some beans, raspberries and carrots, then spotted as I was leaving they were set up to collect next years rent, so popped home for the cheque book and paid for my whole plot for the year.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

skadi

« Reply #856 on: September 20, 2015, 17:15 »
chuffed with my day. Dismantled my rotten shed (didnt take much tbh - just blew on it!) And then investigated my compost. For the first time ever, I seem to have managed to get some decent stuff  :) Pretty odourless and fine. Really pleased. Have layered it onto my asparagus in the hope they'll be more productive next spring.
Am enjoying feeling I'm preparing the ground (as it were ) for a better season next year.
But have to give many thanks to my parents, who are really helping me to get my enthusiasm back with it all.

grendel

« Reply #857 on: September 20, 2015, 18:08 »
when I got home from the plot I turned the tap to wash my hands and the handle and valve came off in my hand (it was a very old plastic tap), spend most of the rest of the day under the sink fitting a new tap.
Grendel

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #858 on: September 21, 2015, 19:42 »
Fed the leeks with grow more, prepared a load of wood for edging off a ground height change, tidied shed a bit and took poppy seed heads off ready for sowing next year.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #859 on: September 22, 2015, 21:10 »
With the help of my brother I got my shed put up, planted around 100 Spring flowering bulbs for cut flowers and strimmed a mass of brambles down. I am feeling chuffed with my work today
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:05 by Mattgregory27 »

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #860 on: September 22, 2015, 22:48 »
Built up, levelled, lined and chipped a new path. Took 2 hours.

chillimummy

« Reply #861 on: September 22, 2015, 23:09 »
Sugar snap peas done now so pulled them up and dug over area. Pulled up some more onions and laid them out to dry. Dug over and weeded again area where cauliflower had been.
Next visit will tackle dwarf french beans as they are also finished and pull up my weed ridden path and get some new weed fabric down.   
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #862 on: September 25, 2015, 19:45 »
It has forecast 5 degrees with isolated frost here so I harvested my crown prince squash and a solitary butternut. This is my first attempt at growing them so I am chuffed 😀
image.jpeg

Eblana

« Reply #863 on: October 01, 2015, 14:59 »
I hadn't been up in 10 days so I spent yesterday afternoon up the plot and came home laden down with produce :D.  Harvested a large supermarket bag of tomatoes, a large bag of French and Runner Beans and a bag of Spinach.  The cucs were finished so I harvested the last of them and removed the plants.  The foliage on one of the beds of potatoes had died back so I cut it down in case it was blight that had kill it off.  Collected a whole basket of apples and three marrows (courgettes that had mutated).  I then spent an hour tiding up the cut flower beds I got two large buckets of Dahlias and a bucket of Glads, chrysanthemum and lilies.  Oh and also got a lovely bunch of sweet pea.  This is the best year I have had on the allotment by a long shot.

snowdrops

« Reply #864 on: October 01, 2015, 15:34 »
It has forecast 5 degrees with isolated frost here so I harvested my crown prince squash and a solitary butternut. This is my first attempt at growing them so I am chuffed 😀

They look great😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Flowertot

« Reply #865 on: October 02, 2015, 21:35 »
Dug over and weeded the bed where some of the French beans were, and then sowed crimson clover green manure.

springy

« Reply #866 on: October 06, 2015, 11:06 »
I went and admired my wonderful crop of brussel sprouts and dreamt about having them on my plate on Christmas day. I did some weeding and wandering around, planning what to plant where and how to rotate the crops for next year. The squirrels have had all my strawberries this year and something (or more likely someone) has neatly removed every single one of my cauliflowers and broccoli heads! They were netted and covered in raised beds but the net has been pulled back, veg cut away and the netting replaced! There's no sign of any tunneling or holes in the net so I am stumped as to what took all my crops. Next year, I shall put up a tent on my plot and camp out all night with a torch and a big stick..... 

Ema

« Reply #867 on: October 06, 2015, 21:49 »
I popped to the plot at lunch time today inbetween the torrential rain.
Admired the weeds, they grow so fast
Picked chillies, cucumbers, mint, french beans and a few small sweetcorn cobs.
Also took some of the browning runner bean seed pods home.
At home noticed some of my toms have started to split already with yesterday's rain so picked what has a little colour on.
Feeling like the seasons coming to a close

chillimummy

« Reply #868 on: October 08, 2015, 20:19 »
Haven't managed to get to plot for a week between work and rain  ::)
Had very productive three hours in the lovely sunshine.
Dug up lots of desiree potatoes and weeded area. Some of the crop are enormous. Still some plants left to dig up too and they will def keep us going through til next year  :D
Have lots of different cabbage growing at different times so picked a greyhound cabbage.
Found three spaghetti squash and some yellow courgettes.
Autumn raspberries are lovely and good size. Getting carton full each visit.
Have never managed to grow broccoli before and picked 3 lovely heads of broccoli and really pleased.
Sweetcorn seems to have caught up with everyone else's and ends of tassles are going brown.
As others have said, I have never managed to grow as much as I have this year and I love the endless supply of produce I have  :)   

Steveharford

« Reply #869 on: October 11, 2015, 17:35 »
Planted garlic. 5 different varieties from saved stock. One to go. Interestingly the most plump were from ones I bought from a supermarket in France in 2014 so I will be planting some extra rows of those.

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.475 seconds with 30 queries.