Thompson & Morgan Good Sellers?

• 33 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Thompson & Morgan Good Sellers?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 22:53 »

When the people on Twitter were sued, twitter itself was left alone.  Only the people who had commented were sought out.  My view is that this forum, like twitter, is not responsible for peoples opinions.  The forum is monitored to stay within the law and the rules chosen by the administration.  But legally written and worded opinions would be the responsibility of the individual.  T&M would have to make a case against an individual and could not make a case against this site.

The outcome of a case might be exactly as you say Bob.

BUT you have to engage lawyers to represent the forum/website's case to makes sure that the forum/website does in the end not stand accused of wrong doing.  Twitter will have had a bank of legal advisers representing them to make sure they were not sued.  It's a very expensive business whether you are in the right or the wrong.

BobE

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 23:02 »

When the people on Twitter were sued, twitter itself was left alone.  Only the people who had commented were sought out.  My view is that this forum, like twitter, is not responsible for peoples opinions.  The forum is monitored to stay within the law and the rules chosen by the administration.  But legally written and worded opinions would be the responsibility of the individual.  T&M would have to make a case against an individual and could not make a case against this site.

The outcome of a case might be exactly as you say Bob.

BUT you have to engage lawyers to represent the forum/website's case to makes sure that the forum/website does in the end not stand accused of wrong doing.  Twitter will have had a bank of legal advisers representing them to make sure they were not sued.  It's a very expensive business whether you are in the right or the wrong.

I understand and accept this Aunt Sally.  My knowledge of the internet and how it works is very low.  I just remember that Twitter thing.  I'll do nothing to endanger this wonderful forum and all I can to support it.

BobE

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 23:07 »
Aunt Sally,  Is there a history of this web site?  Who started it, I see members back to 2008.  Was it John?  Is there a place to read how it came to be?

rich24uk

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 11:27 »
I have bought stuff from T&M before and when I've had a problem, they always sort it out. The best way to get a fast response is to post on their Facebook page as their social media team are very responsive and will take up your query.

xx
Thompson and Morgan the good news

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 14:57
by purplebean
xx
Thompson and Morgan Potatoes

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:11
by outintheopen
xx
Thompson & Morgan Blight resistant Tatties

Started by Redwellies on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post March 28, 2007, 20:04
by mkhenry
xx
Thompson and Morgan. Cherrola Tomatoes-UPDATE

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 18, 2009, 20:29
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.579 seconds with 28 queries.