Thompson & Morgan Good Sellers?

• 33 Replies

Sparkyrog

Re: Thompson & Morgan Good Sellers?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 20:22 »
To be fair I have used all the major companies ,and the only one I have doubts about is Browns as climbing strawberries ordered in feb have still not arrived  :(
I cook therefore I grow

andy dewar

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 20:41 »
I had same problem as Fred with raspberry canes not growing contacted T&M no reply wont use again >:(

MickyB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 23:16 »
To be fair to T&M my email was answered within a couple of days and my previous email regarding delivery times was answered within 24 hours and to give a more balanced assessment I would also add that I have purchased other plants from them which have been healthy, delivered at the specified time and well packaged.

I have never purchased bare root plants before and didn't know what to expect, looking at them and comparing them to the others they just didn't look right to me, I have planted them all so time will tell if they grow or not.

I think they have dealt with me fairly by sending me another six plants and I only expected a quicker reply to my email based on how fast they answered previously. 

I suspect that they are a large outfit with plenty of satisfied customers so I wouldn't be too put off by the odd negative experience.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 23:25 »
These are all Large companies and we can all make mistakes  :) I work on the 3 strikes rule .

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 00:44 »
I don't like buying bare root plants that arrive by post - the quality is often poor, probably due to length of delivery time - and some have then sat at the post office for a day or 2 before I've been able to collect them! ::)

But sometimes, you just can't get what you want locally - I searched everywhere locally for grafted veg this year and failed to find any - so I ended up in the lap of the veg gods who deliver! :D
This also then means having to wait for some companies (who may be based up north, whose planting times are later than ours down here in the South - not ideal but hey, that's life.

It is good when you find a company you can trust however. ;)
I also generally work on the '3 strikes, you're out' rule. :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 14:10 »
As the mods say, we have to be careful about defamatory comments on here, but I haven't used them for years for anything. D.T.Browns and Jersey Plants Direct are my choices.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

crh75

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 15:36 »
I use T&M lots and have never had a problem. Live plugs, bare root trees, seeds etc all fine.

TheWhiteRabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 17:17 »
As the mods say, we have to be careful about defamatory comments on here, but I haven't used them for years for anything.

I think the key thing is that if, as a company, you allow email as a method for contacting customer services, you need to have systems in place that ensure that all emails reach you and that all emails are answered. Mine wasn't. There's nothing defamatory about it, it's fact.

As the order was for about a fiver, I wasn't overly bothered but given that it was my second order out of two that I'd had problems with, it was enough for me to decide not bother using them again.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 17:27 »
If a company has been given the chance to fix a problem and they have failed then they deserve for people to tell others. I know websites like this are different and that is understandable but these companies want the business then they cant fail at it.

Its not rocket science and if it goes wrong then be prepared to fix it, if all companies followed that then we'd all be happy bunnies  ;)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 21:55 »
If a company has been given the chance to fix a problem and they have failed then they deserve for people to tell others.

As long as you are willing top pick up our very high legal costs should we get sued that's fine BQ, and thank you for the offer :)

Jabberwock

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 09:42 »
For me the mark of a responsible company is how they resolve a situation when things go wrong and to be honest I can't fault Thompson & Morgan in that respect.
About a month ago I pre-ordered 12 new strawberry runners, these were listed as due to be sent from October which suited me fine as I would not have the space for them until at least September, however just a week after ordering my plants turned up.
I was annoyed because I didn't have the space for them and it meant having to buy compost and pot them up until I was ready for them so I sent an email explaining my frustration.  To my surprise I received a nicely worded  reply within 24 hours complete with apology and a £20 evoucher to spend with them as a gesture of goodwill.
To be fair I have used T & M off and on for many years now and this was the first time I ever had cause to complain and I personally am really impressed by their customer service.

wil4025

• Experienced Member
    • Williams Allotment & Garden Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 13:36 »
I waited months for my strawberry plants that I found they said would be despatched within a month, they ended not sending them and sending a different type and put a little note to say sorry. They used to be very good but im getting too many bad experiences with them.
Kind Regards
Bill

Auntiemogs

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 13:43 »
I'm afraid I now won't use them for anything that I want to get in in a specific time frame, due to several late deliveries (had to cancel one and go elsewhere).  Other than that, they have been fine...
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

BobE

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 14:00 »
If a company has been given the chance to fix a problem and they have failed then they deserve for people to tell others.

As long as you are willing top pick up our very high legal costs should we get sued that's fine BQ, and thank you for the offer :)

When the people on Twitter were sued, twitter itself was left alone.  Only the people who had commented were sought out.  My view is that this forum, like twitter, is not responsible for peoples opinions.  The forum is monitored to stay within the law and the rules chosen by the administration.  But legally written and worded opinions would be the responsibility of the individual.  T&M would have to make a case against an individual and could not make a case against this site.

Goosegirl

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 11:41 »
Fair enough comment, but to me this forum has always distinguished itself by being a really nice and friendly place to go, the Mods do a great job, and peoples' comments and opinions are treat with respect, even if not always agreed with. Personally, I see nothing wrong in posting unhappy experiences, especially if they are not resolved, as long as the post is non-emotional, just sticks to the facts and whether you would use them again or not. That way, we can make our own judgements and form our own conclusions whilst still achieving freedom of speech without the threat of legal consequences.

xx
Thompson and Morgan the good news

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 14:57
by purplebean
xx
Thompson and Morgan Potatoes

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:11
by outintheopen
xx
Thompson and Morgan. Cherrola Tomatoes-UPDATE

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 18, 2009, 20:29
by richyrich7
xx
Thompson & Morgan Blight resistant Tatties

Started by Redwellies on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post March 28, 2007, 20:04
by mkhenry

Page created in 0.536 seconds with 38 queries.