Red stop solution . mite control . is it any good ???

• 4 Replies

chicken henry

Hi folks
           Have been reading about this on the net and all the standard bumff of the advertising , but can i ask if any of the members on this site have tried this yet and if so what are the results please folks ?

anything that will help prevent /stop these little vampires is most welcome

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Red stop solution . mite control . is it any good ???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28 »
Not a product I have used so I can't comment on it.

There is quite a lot of information on prevention and treatment on HERE  and HERE  and HERE

There is also a Search facility at the top right of the page which will bring up more topics.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

chicken henry

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:33 »
Hi yes i had read all through the prevention and cures for red mites and use many of them so far have been able to not get any kind of infestation through good husbandry and inspections on a regular basis .

I was just asking the opinion of other members whom may have used this yet and if yes how good or bad it may be .

Untill someone tests this and can post a genuine opinion on how well it works is the only way any of us will know if the claims by the company are true or not .

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:41 »
Most people on here use Hillfooters recipe for diatom slurry to prevent red mite but not heard of anyone using Red Stop.

I have found some discussion on it which might be of help HERE.  There is one positive comment on the second page.   :)

ehs284

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 19:19 »
Note that it isn't really a preventative; the mites have got to feed on the bird. DE is preventative and cheap, but maybe you'd like the RedStop as a backup in case any get through. There are quite a few chemicals and at least one mite-killing bacterium on sale that work after blood ingestion and I can see the advantage for larger commercial operations, but, for a few chooks at home IMHO the better way is to secure the environment.

xx
red mite solution

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post September 22, 2012, 09:26
by joyfull
xx
Possible red mite solution

Started by BarnBrian on The Hen House

35 Replies
Last post August 09, 2009, 22:31
by BarnBrian
xx
oxi mite and diatomaceous earth (ED) - any good??

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 21:33
by jobson336
xx
Ulti-mite red mite treatment

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 08:03
by ehs284

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 28 queries.