Possible red mite solution

• 35 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: Possible red mite solution
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 18:49 »
northern mite and red mite may be the same thing but one an British name and one an American name. I am looking at info on t'internet.

no, both different.  Northern mites are lice that infest the body whereas red mites only come out of hiding in cracks at night.

Flowerpower136

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 14:04 »
hey flower power - so there is a puffer bottle - thank goodness! - what make is the puffer?

I found our diatom shaker one of the mst frustrating things I have ever done - our girls are so feisty (after years of being in a very free range unit and no human contact) that it was a 2 person job to hold and powder them - especially as the powder kept blocking up -and very stressfull for all - at least I know I have got so much diatom powder on me that I know I am not allergic to it and i wont get lice!!

Bottle I've got is by BioLink ltd, think I got it on the flyte website.  But reading another post on here, washing up liquid bottle sounds very similar.

It works a treat along joints and under roof gaps, and because it's being 'puffed' out under some pressure, it cakes onto the surface as well as flying everywhere, I've taken to wearing a mask when using it.   

Stemar

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 20:25 »
It's great reading all these ideas and suggestions. I too really like the idea of puffing diatom through a washing up bottle as I have spent ages sponging the stuff all over the walls and into the nooks and crannies, if only I had read this thread earlier - it would have saved me time and a sore back!

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 21:28 »
It can be difficult to get the powder into the bottle, so I use a funnel and a plastic spoon.

funnel goes in the top of the bottle (obviously ::)) spoon spoons some of the powder into the funnel and then I turn the plastic spoon around to use it as a ram to help the powder to flow properly.

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 22:20 »
I have an old plastic refillable salt sellar, it puffs it out a treat, but like the sound of a washing up bottle for narrower areas :D
                                                                     'Mimey
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

BarnBrian

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 22:31 »
The leaf blower has really worked fantastically, a vacuum on blow would be just as effective, just a brief burst and the diatom comes up in clouds. It's certainly wiped out my problem.

Brian
There's more to life than increasing its speed.

xx
red mite solution

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post September 22, 2012, 09:26
by joyfull
xx
Red stop solution . mite control . is it any good ???

Started by chicken henry on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 19:19
by ehs284
xx
Ulti-mite red mite treatment

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 08:03
by ehs284
xx
My rat solution.

Started by Grasshopper on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post January 03, 2008, 21:52
by Foxy

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 36 queries.