Do you think this works??

• 3 Replies

Dopey113

Do you think this works??
« on: April 28, 2013, 18:00 »
As always, we are all looking for an easy life, especially when it takes so long to water the plot (even with those of us who have mains water on our plots) but do you think this will work??

"Grow vegetables with 10 times less water with "Solar Drip Irrigation.” This is how we can eliminate completely the evaporation losses!"
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

Springlands

Re: Do you think this works??
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 18:04 »
In theory it might - but you would need the sun and heat to evaporate the water - no guarantees in our climate. I think that you would be much better to carry out your normal watering regime - you do not want to lose those plants you have worked so hard to nurture.

Dopey113

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 18:08 »
I seem to remember last year we was all talking about the drought (the year before last) and someone was saying that plants get "lazy" when you water them too much, and light watering is best as it makes the roots go deeper to find the water, with that in mind (if its true) this should work?? but like most things, you have to keep an eye out

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 18:15 »
That system would still apply water at surface level.
It's better to sink pots or bottles (with the bottoms cut off) into the soil next to your plants and water into them. The water is then deep into the soil, where the roots can find it.

But as usual I repeat - dig down a couple of inches - if there is moisture at that level, you do not need to water at all!

It's surprising how often the soil looks dry on top, but is quite damp a bit further down  ;)

xx
Wow it really works!

Started by 666 on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 11:20
by matron
xx
i would like to know if this works

Started by Little Miss Muffet on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 21, 2007, 22:57
by muntjac
xx
IT WORKS

Started by BADBACK on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 03, 2010, 12:24
by Trikidiki
xx
Not sure how this works

Started by MJLDrinkstone on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 08:25
by MJLDrinkstone

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 38 queries.