What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

shaun_darbs

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #750 on: April 06, 2013, 17:30 »
helped my uncle on his plot, weeded the ground where the poly-tunnel is going then me and my uncle set it up. got hot in there straight away.

also was told i have my own plot right next door  :D

bravemurphy

« Reply #751 on: April 06, 2013, 18:05 »
hoed up the planted spuds and got the parsnip bed ready knocked the bar into the ground about 3 foot in places used the old compost from the spuds in pots to fill the funnels.

Planted out the red baron sets that were started in modules.

blackberryjam

« Reply #752 on: April 06, 2013, 18:35 »
Painted the rest of my shed, pulled up some more weeds, cabbages and cauliflower now in my Coldframe on my plot ready for planting. :D

Auntiemogs

« Reply #753 on: April 06, 2013, 18:37 »
Planted 3 rhubarb crowns in the front garden.  If the fourth one starts to show signs of life it'll be joining them.  :)  Sieved some compost.  Potted up dwarf apple tree and another 16 Oca.  Sowed a tray of radish in the greenhouse.  Messaged local Cats Protection asking for any unwanted, slightly cracked cat litter trays for a donation.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Yana

« Reply #754 on: April 06, 2013, 19:41 »
Moved chipped bark from back garden to lottie use as a mulch round fruit bushes.
Planted out pansy bargains bought from B&Q earlier in the week. Made up hanging baskets with them and still got loads left.
First thing this morning, spent almost an hour moving stuff out the greenhouse to harden off in sunny spot in the garden and then replacing gaps in greenhouse with annual and perennial plug plants from indoors, then watering everything. Reverse order tonight, taking stuff from greenhouse back indoors as frost forecast, and moving stuff from garden back into greenhouse. Hopefully mid-week overnight temps mean that I can leave the stuff from the greenhouse in the garden to go to the lottie next weekend and stuff from indoors can stay in the greenhouse.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

HuwG

« Reply #755 on: April 06, 2013, 20:03 »
Started a compost trial in my tunnel. I have planted  4 hanging baskets with strawberries using different composts.
Am trying humax, Westland, leaviingtons m3 and b&q verve

Wiltshire Worms

• Experienced Member
« Reply #756 on: April 06, 2013, 20:12 »
Got my easter present today, replacement cover for mini greenhouse..fitted perfectly and less calories than a chocolate egg....he says while chomping chocolate digestives :D

LeeR

• Winner - Biggest Pumpkin, 2015
« Reply #757 on: April 06, 2013, 20:38 »
Rotavated some of the plot (I'm guessing the air was thick with the small of petrol and oil today  :)),  planted potatoes, shallots and onion sets.  Sowed carrots, spring onions & beetroot with my three year old daughter.  I even mowed the lawn in the garden  :tongue2:

carlrmj

• Joint Winner - Tallest Sunflower 2012
« Reply #758 on: April 06, 2013, 20:56 »

Planted 4 different types of potatoes, dug up a load of nettles.

Dug trenches for the French beans , Runner beans and Peas filled with kitchen waste ,compost and newspaper.

Paul Plots

« Reply #759 on: April 07, 2013, 10:50 »
Rotavated some of the plot (I'm guessing the air was thick with the small of petrol and oil today  :)),  planted potatoes, shallots and onion sets.  Sowed carrots, spring onions & beetroot with my three year old daughter.  I even mowed the lawn in the garden  :tongue2:

A lazy day then?  :lol:

Sounds a very good start.... all you need now is warmth, light and a little bit of moisture.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Lardman

« Reply #760 on: April 07, 2013, 11:13 »
It's amazing what a difference a little sunshine makes. I started working down the list of niggley little jobs I've been putting off.

Dug out 1 conifer, 1 ribes , 3 currant bushes and the quince, potted up some strawberry runners. Then dug over the rest of the veg beds and carefully pulled out some more bindweed roots  >:(  I need to start sowing now otherwise I'll have nicely prepared soil and thoing to put in it  ::)

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #761 on: April 07, 2013, 12:54 »
Dug another bed on my new plot, hopefully for parsnips and carrots to go in when I get chance. I seem to be making progress now and it feels great to get some stuff in the ground!!!  ::)

richy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #762 on: April 07, 2013, 15:27 »
Done a compost run and racked over my parsnip bed ready for thursday, thats when im sowing them, back home i sowed some claremont romaine lettuce seeds.

AnneB

« Reply #763 on: April 07, 2013, 16:12 »
Planted out my first early potatoes, Ulster Classic, and my second earlies.  Dug over the bed that will host the tall peas and beans this year.  The tall frame for the peas to grow up needs some repairs, so with a bit of luck will sow peas one evening this week.

Put some of my onion sets back where they belong. Disturbed by a fox I think, there is one around on our site.

No sign of PSB being ready yet.

Not looking too bad considering how little I have been there recently.

rowan57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #764 on: April 07, 2013, 16:20 »
Planted 4 rows of Parsnips (5m rows). 2 rows of Tender & True, and 2 rows of Kral Russian (a Turnip-rooted 'snip'). Fleece to protect them and help keep moisture in (very windy plot).

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 1.162 seconds with 36 queries.