What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

snowdrops

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #1590 on: June 18, 2013, 08:22 »
I took my two little ones up for a "quick visit" mainly to grab a bit of salad and check everything was ok. Instead, my youngest (2 1/2) decided to lock himself in the shed and lose the keys. He's not talking yet so I eventually established what had happened through a series of "esss" and "ohhh" (yes and no).

"Where are the keys Zac?"
"Asss"
"Can you unlock the door Zac?"
"Ohhh"
"Have you got the keys?"
"Ohhh"
"Do you know where the keys are?"
"Ohhh"
"*".

I ended up having to borrow a screwdriver from a plot neighbour and take the shed door off. ::)

An hour later we returned home to an initially very cross Mrs Rabbit...until I told my tale and then she peed herself laughing!

This made me laugh so much,sorry but I could just picture your panic. Have you now altered the lock so he can't lock it from the inside again?  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

grendel

« Reply #1591 on: June 18, 2013, 09:04 »
went to the plot early to avoid the heat of the day, when I got there I found I had forgotten to bring the keys, by the time I got home through the rush hour traffic I was in no mood to go straight back, maybe later.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1592 on: June 18, 2013, 14:32 »
Planted three pumpkins, sowed some spring cabbage in cells. Hoed and watered lots and lots.
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1593 on: June 18, 2013, 15:37 »
Havent even made it up the hill yet, once hubby gets home i may get an hour, but florence is not leaving the house today incase we have no phone signal.  :(

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1594 on: June 18, 2013, 16:59 »
Broad beans growing apace, had to add another string to their pen to keep them in.
Anne

TheWhiteRabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1595 on: June 18, 2013, 18:15 »
Have you now altered the lock so he can't lock it from the inside again?

Not yet...it's always him that gets himself into trouble. Last week he fell in the plot neighbours pond and got covered in pond weed, smelly sludge and blanket weed  ::)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1596 on: June 18, 2013, 19:32 »
Hubby wanted to go after a hard day at work, so i let him go. He'll get more done than chunky old monkey me.
He was planning to rotavate the next patch because hes still got 60 odd runner beans to go in the ground hehe

I was going to sit and relax in the garden but my eyes are itchin like mad, evil pollen

blackberryjam

« Reply #1597 on: June 18, 2013, 19:56 »
Just popped in before work to check on oh marrow, it was in the greenhouse and had started drooping when we planted it yesterday. but it's fine and now and the flowers have opened, he's well pleased. :lol:

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1598 on: June 18, 2013, 20:11 »
Couple of quick visits for me today as enjoying the final day off work following a long weekend in France.
Bit of weeding on the runner bean patch, and the bath that the 'snips are growing in (note to self - don't let hubby do this again... he can't seem to differentiate between 'snips & weeds. Tied the toms to the canes a bit of watering and that was that.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

Flowertot

« Reply #1599 on: June 18, 2013, 21:16 »
Just a flying visit after work to water a few little seedlings and check that the slugs hadn't eaten anything completely.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #1600 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31 »
Well last night the next patch was rotavated and made level ready for the fifth and LAST runner bean frame. Lol
The beans are so big they have to go out tonight. I am also hoping he will get some of the squash out before they walk to the plot alone. This is the spagetti squash the others have been out for yonks but these took ages to show. They look nice and healthy though.

Paul Plots

« Reply #1601 on: June 19, 2013, 09:08 »
Yesterday... planted all the brasiccas that'd been waiting for ages and a 2nd lot of broadbeans.

So late this year with everything I'll soon be winter digging to catch up.  :mellow:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

BicesterKev

• My Allotment Website
« Reply #1602 on: June 19, 2013, 12:40 »
I've had a couple of days off work so got right stuck in over the past few days...essentially I have:
De-weeded everywhere after last weeks rain got the weeds growing like mad, put a couple of bags of bark chippings on a temporary path through the plot to try to hold back the weeds, put some spare patio slabs up another temp path and planted some beetroots and oriental lettuces between them, nipped out the tops of my broad beans - on close inspection the black fly were congregating, sowed a load of swede seeds for hopefully a winter harvest, put all the 2ltr plastick drinks bottles I could find next to most of my squash/cukes to water them, planted out 7 aubergines - not expecting any fruit but who cares!, planted a mini wigwam with mangetout in the middle and yellow french beans on the outside and finally stood back and patted myself on the back with how nice it was all starting to look!  :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:42 by BicesterKev »

Mark's Sussex Allotment

• 38 year old male, Married father of two
    • Mark's Sussex Allotment
« Reply #1603 on: June 19, 2013, 13:22 »
Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries...... :)
When weeding, the best way to know if its a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull it.

If it comes out easy, it was a valuable plant !

Jon Gale

« Reply #1604 on: June 19, 2013, 13:54 »
More digging - about a third of the plot has been done to a double depth now. Planted replacement runner beans for the ones that got shredded by the high winds last week.
Breaking new ground.............literally!

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2021

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

113 Replies
Last post December 29, 2021, 21:46
by comfreykid

Page created in 0.826 seconds with 37 queries.