i have got a trap for rat

• 6 Replies

karlooben

« on: December 20, 2008, 16:32 »
guys i dont know how i have managed to do  this but i got a rat trap alreay with poison in it from a new plot holder { hes a farmer and his son works for a pest control company } and today they gave me the trap to put down for a week to see if we can get the rat thats in my run , i cant believe i am even doing this as i am such a massive animal lover and dont beleive in killing anything . i know most ppl hate rats and i do understand the probelm they can be but i am finding this hard .

also i may have to lose another bird its the one that got hit quite bad from that malcoplasma { wrongly spelt  :lol: } her nostril is very badly blocked and its weeping blood slighty her eyes are all  bubbly again .
i had a chance around in the run an put the babies in with the big house an the poorly girl is now in the smaller shed seprated of  with her own little run shes on antibotics and seems to be eating but i dont know wether its best to let her go .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 16:40 »
I also felt a bit guilty about putting rat poison down as I had never deliberately killed anything before but sadly they are the enemy and must be destroyed!

Really sorry to hear about your other girl. Sounds like you are having a bad time of it. Sending a big hug.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

poultrygeist

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 17:24 »
Could you manage to get her to a vet for some more anti-biotics ?

Good luck with the rat. :)

Rob 8)

karlooben

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 17:52 »
i could do but not until monday ,i probably have enough left to supply her for a week , thing is its her nostrils thats worrying me i have a feeling it could be a tumour  :(

karlooben

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 19:03 »
would my sick girl get lonely especailly at night  time while she is in quarantine or can i risk putting another girl in with her ,i have one that has never really had good feather since i have had her so i am assuming shes old and i think she gets picked on a bit by the others . is it possibly they both my get picked on when replaced back with the others  :?:

poultrygeist

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 20:14 »
The danger is that she'll catch mycoplasma I would have thought. Not sure what the best solution is K, but someone else will know. :)

Rob 8)

karlooben

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 20:40 »
i could always put a teddy in there to keep her company . cant bear to think of her being lonely :(

xx
Fox Trap.

Started by pennsylvania planters on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 02, 2009, 08:33
by cathangirl
clip
fly trap

Started by Mrs Bee on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 14, 2013, 13:22
by ANHBUC
xx
Fly Trap

Started by Flowerpower136 on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 01, 2009, 16:50
by janet12000
xx
Fox Trap... Any ideas

Started by HENrietta on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post April 01, 2009, 20:35
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 32 queries.