Happy cukes

• 4 Replies

Lardman

Happy cukes
« on: August 02, 2011, 18:12 »
I think I may have sorted it  :D with my last 2 seeds.

I put the plants in an old display cabinet I have rather than the greenhouse and put a bucket full of water in there too and kept the door closed in hopes of keep the humidity up. They haven't died yet !

I can only think that the main greenhouse was too arid / dry for them ? The problem is the cabinet is only 3ft high, which doesn't give me a lot of room to "train the leader up a wire". Like a muppet I binned the old plastic tomato growhouse when I bought the proper one  :( ::) I was thinking of getting one of those 4 tier jobs with plastic cover to put inside the main greenhouse to create a micro-climate.  I suppose in the spring I could also use it as staging, before I run out to been and queued you can remove the shelving can't you ?

rachelsco

• Experienced Member
Re: Happy cukes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 18:42 »
yes you can. ive got two, and the shelves just slot in last. mine were from aldi tho, but i think they are much the same design.

Elcie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 18:54 »
When my greenhouse was up I used one of those inside it and it worked really well.  If you have a Wilkinsons/Poundstretcher type place near you I would go there rather than B&Q as they are a bit cheaper there.

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 21:04 »
If you have a Wilkinsons/Poundstretcher type place near you I would go there rather than B&Q as they are a bit cheaper there.

By the time you add parking chances are whatever you buy will cost you just as much  :( I need to pick up some plaster anyway (it can also go on my trade account  there ;) ).

Stevens706

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 13:07 »
Got mine from Wilcos last year when they were selling them off, keep an eye out for their gardening sales. I also use it inside the greenhouse in spring.
Paul

xx
cukes

Started by Growing4mykids on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 14:19
by maxibo
xx
Cukes on their way out.

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 13, 2011, 22:12
by Lardman
xx
toms and cukes?

Started by Robin Redbreast on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post April 30, 2012, 18:04
by andyw
xx
How are your outdoor cukes?

Started by Bombers on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 14:02
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.687 seconds with 27 queries.