Cats....

• 32 Replies

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Re: Cats....
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22 »
One way of stopping my cat chasing our old guinea pigs was to squirt her with water that had some tea leaf in it (from a normal tea bag) The tea wont harm the cat but they don't like it because it is very difficult for them to wash the tea out of their fur(they don't seem to like the taste either).  May be worth giving it a try as my cat got the idea after a couple of times.  :)

Jacinta

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 13:05 »
Luckily my two cats are great with the chickens and sit amongst them miaowing, they even take toys outside and try to play with them.  I'd suggest fitting some sheets of perspex to the top of the fence on your side.  It would be too narrow edged for the cat to balance on and from the neighbours side, the cat couldn't get purchase with its claws to climb that high.  Mine can jump about 6' so an extra foot of slippy perspex should help prevent access.  It will also let all the light through to the neighbours side if they are a little arkward.  Check your perimeter to block up any other entry points and remember that cats wont walk on anything that has a 'give' to it, like pea netting.  I've made wooden frames for my raised beds and stapled net over, it has kept the cats out very sucessfully.  The chickens will happily walk on it and use their weight to push it down to veg level, not too much damage though!  Good luck!   

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 14:22 »
This 'discussion' has gone far enough!
It has now been locked.

xx
Cats

Started by uba on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 02, 2010, 14:54
by Ribbit
xx
cats!

Started by looe-looe-belle on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post October 01, 2010, 17:49
by evie2
xx
Cats

Started by ali2 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post December 30, 2009, 14:15
by raeburg
xx
Neighbours cats?! Help!

Started by kirstie1978 on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post January 13, 2011, 10:11
by Jeanette

Page created in 1.406 seconds with 31 queries.