Frothy Poo!!!

• 10 Replies

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
Frothy Poo!!!
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:56 »
After looking at the lovely photos of poo, I'm sure Bernadette has worms, but I've just given her a course of Flubervet for seven days, AND a  shot of Ivermectin for fleas.

When is the soonest I can Flubervet again? We only finished the last course two weeks ago? >:(

Bernadette is a Barnevelder, about 8 months old, and only lays about 2-3 eggs a week.
Alice - Australorp
Bernadette - Barnevelder
Dora - Silver Grey Dorking
LilliBet - Cream Leg Bar

bantam novice

Re: Frothy Poo!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26 »
Hello OpiumEater, and welcome to the forum  :)
I'm not expert about Flubenvet but I'm sure someone more experienced will be along shortly to advise you.  As I understand it you can give a second dose of Flubenvet after a week but I may be wrong.  I don't think there have been many reports about problems with overdosing.
If you type chicken poo into the search window in the top right-hand corner there are some good pictures for comparison.  I don't have the link handy at the moment but someone else may be able to give you a direct link
In the meantime good luck and keep us posted.  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 19:01 »
Hello OpiumEater, and welcome to the forum  :)
In the meantime good luck and keep us posted.  :)

I've taken a photo as it's a close call between the sticky one in every 10 that I can't spell  ::) and frothy due to worms, now to just try to upload picture  :blink:

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 19:19 »
Hopefully, a picture of poo  :tongue2:
photo.JPG

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 23:09 »
I'm not an expert but it just looks like a ceacal poo, very smelly and sticky.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 07:38 »
 :D That's what I was hoping, it was just it was a bit frothy when it came out, but settled down. As they are taking it in turns to have poos like these, and then have normal poos in between, then I'll go with that. I am right in thinking that worm poos would be all the time aren't I?

Thanks for looking.

CluckyChicken

• Experienced Member
    • Georgina's Araucanas
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 14:20 »
I'm pretty sure thats fine, they can do those every 8-10 poos apparently.  Mine do them quite often, so don't worry!  ;)
Lavender Araucanas, SS Hamburgs, White Wyandottes and Italian Quail

Helenaj

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 17:21 »
With worm poos, you can sometimes see the worms either moving or dead in it. If you have the stomach for it, have a poke around in the next one she does and have a look!

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 18:33 »
have a poke around in the next one she does and have a look!
:blink:

Must admit to having been doing a bit of poking lately  :D and where as I saw actual worms in Alice's poos when we first got her, there are non in any of them now, so I'm now sure they are all clear.

Thanks to everyone who has helped on this one. We've only had the girls for 3 weeks, and though I had chickens as a child, that was thirty five years ago and I didn't really do much apart from collect eggs.  :) I'm really pleased at all the advice I'm getting from this site, and my girls are so super  :D :D :D

JACDORE

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 16:35 »
you've all just answered my question on these new batteries laying the exact same poo every now and then.  Seems nothing to worry over.  Hooooorrrray.  Was putting it down to stress as they are in their new "Freedom" home and Maddy the original; girl has never produced such thing.
2 rottys 4 cats, 2 gecko's, 2 beardies, 2 hamsters, 1 guinea pig, 1 rabbit, 12 various fish, 6 hens, 1 hubby, (lol)

Helenaj

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 17:08 »
JACDORE, all I can say is that you haven't experienced life until you tread in your first caecal poo - yuck!!!!!

xx
SWOLLEN FACE AND NOW FROTHY BEAK!!!!!

Started by stickywicket on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post November 26, 2008, 07:49
by stickywicket
xx
Helpppp pleaseee unwell hen frothy eyes and mouth....

Started by WR1 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 18, 2009, 11:21
by WR1

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 28 queries.