What's your vital allotment kit

• 68 Replies

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
Re: What's your vital allotment kit
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 15:44 »
All my equipment is locked in my shed, but I do keep in the boot of the car:

My allotment Rigger boots
My allotment coat (with allotment keys in the pocket)
My allotment hat

:)
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

madcat

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 17:30 »
S'ok Plum!  if you lived here, you would be considered quite normal ....  above average if you could add a dog on a bit of string!

Most of the stuff I need is variable, but even to fetch the veg for dinner there will be my cropping knife in one pocket, tissues in the other, gardening gloves, hand fork and a carrier in the HandBag.  The HandBag lives outside the back door and is the filtiest black bucket you can imagine, with a comfy wood handle!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

plum crumble

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 18:40 »
even without the pushchair, I am considered bonkers.
I suppose it does look odd, trudging through the village with hair sticking up (well you sweat when you work!), carrying carrier bags with nefarious bits of green hanging out, and the occasional spud dropping and bouncing on the pavement, mud strewn wellies or boots, smear of mud across nose or cheeks (well doesn't YOUR nose run when you keep bending?), filthy hands, and the handle of a fork - which breaks off at least once a season.....

Can we have a piccie please  :D :D

think I'd better leave it to your imaginations!!! ::) you know you've all looked the same as me!!
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

TheSpartacat

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 18:47 »
In the poly tent that i use as a store for the moment, i keep all the tools, wheelbarrow, string, pots etc... and a deckchair and picnic blanket for when the weather is better.

I take with me my flask of coffee, some biscuits, food, plant labels and perm marker, whatever seeds i might sow and one of those fold up raincoats, plastic bags to take food home in, and a fair amount of creativity and determination!

I've got a Trangia stove recently, so no doubt i'll have that with me, and some methylated spirit in the summer- wouldnt leave that on the plot

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2011, 20:42 »
I suppose it does look odd, trudging through the village with hair sticking up (well you sweat when you work!), carrying carrier bags with nefarious bits of green hanging out, and the occasional spud dropping and bouncing on the pavement, mud strewn wellies or boots, smear of mud across nose or cheeks (well doesn't YOUR nose run when you keep bending?), filthy hands, and the handle of a fork - which breaks off at least once a season.....

think I'd better leave it to your imaginations!!! ::) you know you've all looked the same as me!!

I'm bad enough at work.  5 minutes & I'm covered in compost.  What I look like exiting the allotment is beyond description  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 22:47 »
Notebook and pencil

Laptop, spreadsheet & expensive software.

(Shouldn't have said that, should I?)

I think you got away with it :D

Springlands

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 23:02 »

And probably even worse - that is all part of the fun - getting mucky.  ;) ;) At least I am in the garden and only the chickens to see me - Oh and the horse when it leans over the fence.  :D :D

Jome

• Experienced Member
    • Blog
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 13:35 »
Hehe, I'm fast becoming not yummy mummy, or even slummy, but trampy mummy. I have an 'allotment hat' too,(bit like a deerstalker, tweedy style) a holey cardigan, old ripped jeans, muddy green wellies. Not sure how this goes down when I pick my boy up from nursery, no wonder not many mums chat to me!
Yep we've all been there!

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 21:34 »
I got so carried away with me baccy I forgot the one bit of kit thats too valuable to leave in the allotment shed,my backsaver spade.
Having had spinal fusion a few years back I wouldnt be able to dig my plots without it.

xx
How Vital Is Location Of Your Veg Plot

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 02, 2007, 00:03
by pookey
xx
JUST GOT MY FIRST ALLOTMENT

Started by nickthegreek on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 21:42
by Yorkie
xx
First allotment

Started by Boylan93 on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post November 29, 2021, 14:47
by Subversive_plot
xx
new allotment

Started by riverside on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post November 04, 2012, 10:00
by fatbelly

Page created in 0.544 seconds with 28 queries.