What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

juliec

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2011, 00:15 »
What's with all this "late" business?

It's still winter for goodness sake!

The problem is people see the seasons as Time and Calender not for what it is, "A Season"

I hear all the time spring, summer, autumn, winter is late early this year No it's not the planets weather is controlled by the sun and there is a lot of solar activity at the moment so much that there is a polar shift taking place causing additional issues with the weather. When people start to get back to watching the changes people will begin to understand that time is an illusion. Lets not forget all the Geo engineering going around the world Climate Change  >:( Climate Manipulation more like it.

Bill  
Hi Bill,

I find your comment very refreshing though I do not understand what you are saying, please can you either update or PM me to explain.

Many thanks Jools
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:49 by mumofstig »

Paul Plots

« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2011, 00:33 »
As this is "What I did on the plot today" it might, perhaps, be a good idea for someone to start a new thread called "Geo Engineering mad or serious?" under Chatting on the plot

Just a thought...  ;) I'd be quite interested to learn more too  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2011, 09:13 »
there is a lot of solar activity at the moment

On the contrary, Bill. There is little activity.

Sun spot cycle 24 is very slow and late in getting going, as a radio ham I know this from the propagation conditions on the airwaves.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33 »

Sun spot cycle 24 is very slow and late in getting going, as a radio ham I know this from the propagation conditions on the airwaves.

and polar shift (which is a hotly debated theory, not fact) doesn't neccesseraly affect the climate.

Back to 'what I did on the plot'  :)
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

plum crumble

« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46 »
 ???  ??? glad you said that aelf!!
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2011, 09:51 »
polar shift is normal as the earts crust rotates around it's magnetic core :)
sorry plum (that's me bing norty again :( )

Paul Plots

« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2011, 15:56 »
Absolutely noithing!!  :(   

In response to "What I did on the plot today"......... not even a glimpse of the solar let alone a spot.  ::) 

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2011, 16:51 »
Got up early and started laying some flags for a small path so the wife can hang out her washing  ::) ::)

Need to get some edging stones to stop the remaining  flags moving as I laid the flags directly on top of some gravel I was using for the path. The flags have allowed me also to grab more of the garden area for Veggies Not much more but beggars can't be chooses  8).

Can't do anything with the plot though as it is far to wet at the moment but I may go and get more compost as the other stuff I bought has broken down into the existing soil.

Also dug a hole in the raised old rubble / soil dumping area which had a few worms in which I through onto the veg area  ::) and planted my Raspberry cane.

So that's it today, will post up a picture of my progress thus far when I get a chance.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 16:54 by billathome65 »
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2011, 17:14 »

We are moving from the Northern Hemisphere of the sun which is fast moving to the Southern hemisphere which is slower, but with this movement it is also causing increased solar / radiation storms which is set to increase over this year and next with solar flares increasing. That's what I mean by Soar activity.

At the same time this is having an affect on the magnetic pull on the Earth which in turn has lead to a shift of the pole towards Russia. We are having a tug of war with the sun at the moment This is a proven fact. Lets hope it's not the biblical Nibiru  :D :D

Seriously though we are looking at the change in seasons and the suns effect on the earth. Whether you believe the global warming scam and that the some scientists are saying the sun has nothing to do with global warming? It is a documented fact that the sun affects our weather so if we go back to what you said about time and calender being man made that's how I read your post DD Then all I am saying is if people re-acquired old Knowledge and looked past the seasons in relation to man made slave time, they would realise that a season isn't late or early. :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 17:38 by billathome65 »

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2011, 18:51 »
We are moving from the Northern Hemisphere of the sun which is fast moving to the Southern hemisphere which is slower, but with this movement it is also causing increased solar / radiation storms which is set to increase over this year and next with solar flares increasing. That's what I mean by Soar activity.

Nothing new, then.

Happens every 10.7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

Moving on............

Nige2Plots

« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2011, 18:58 »
Our allotment site is still closed for health and safety reasons whilst the new disabled path is being laid, hence nothing. I'm chomping at the bit to get back on the plots!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2011, 19:00 »
The temperature outside today was 11C, but inside my greenhouse with a spot of sunshine it was 17C. Can't help wondering if this is might be the "Greenhouse effect" in action.   ::)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

snowdrops

« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2011, 19:32 »
Quite a nice day today with some SUNSHINE!!!.I went to the shed to make a start on sowing some seeds & spied the tulips & alliums I bought & forgot to plant.So although very very late I thought I might as well plant them (in the garden)as they'll have more chance of flowering in the soil than in the shed.Plus I got to try out the long handled bulb planter Mr S bought me to take some of the back ache away from potato planting .It worked o.k when I'd got used to it-anybody do their potatoes with one, if so what about manure etc
Later on I went down to the allotments to get a few leeks & some carrots for soup for tomorrows lunch.Tomorrow we should have more of that rare thing called sun so I'll be off early to the allotments whilst Mr S services my car.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2011, 20:08 »

Nothing new, then.

Happens every 10.7 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

Moving on............

Thanks for the link DD I am aware of the cycle on the link. Google is your friend.  ::)

Not this phase only happens every 500,000 years there about from what I've read and we are overdue. And certainly not a pole shift with the 10.7 year cycle.  :D :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 20:21 by billathome65 »

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2011, 20:08 »
The temperature outside today was 11C, but inside my greenhouse with a spot of sunshine it was 17C. Can't help wondering if this is might be the "Greenhouse effect" in action.   ::)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 31 queries.