What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #990 on: April 09, 2011, 12:25 »
prepared the beds for next w/e whan i will be planting out the brassicas watered everything thats in at the mo all in all a good five hour shift now its serious beer time  :blink:

grendel

« Reply #991 on: April 09, 2011, 13:13 »
went to the plot did an hours digging weeding and then went and chatted to the plot manager to see if there was a rotavator available - answer no- try a local hire shop. went to the closest £65 a day. a less local one quoted me for £55 a weekend or £37 a day, well I know who I will be going with. just got to book a day off work to get it done now at least then the soil will be of a diggable consistancy. at the moment its taking way too long to hand dig and weed - the digings not the issue its taking 3 times as long weeding the grass out.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

samfan

« Reply #992 on: April 09, 2011, 15:13 »
Done another bit of rotovating today, that's it finished now.  Will plant my potatoes tomorrow.  :)

skatenchips

« Reply #993 on: April 09, 2011, 19:11 »
Watered the lotty and our toms and chillies in the greenhouse,then sowed some  coriander
and some more mixed lettuce in the salad bed.

home for a brew........... :)

Gazza

Jome

• Experienced Member
    • Blog
« Reply #994 on: April 09, 2011, 19:40 »
Can't do much on the plot right now but weed, as it's really dry and the local parish council have cut off the water supply  :(

Will plant some french beans in a minute though in the greenhouse  :nowink: and water my seedlings in there...

Christo

• Spring has Sprung!
« Reply #995 on: April 09, 2011, 20:47 »
Met my brother and nephews & nieces at the allotment today. So lovely to all be out in the sun. Got my pea netting all finished today. Had a lovely time in the garden with my little boy, getting some more salads sown. All in all, a great day.

JamPan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #996 on: April 09, 2011, 22:39 »
Planted my potatoes, planted some strawberries and some chives that a neghbour had too much of, dug a new bed.  I'm going to ache tomorrow, but it was a fantastic day to be on the plot.

Springlands

« Reply #997 on: April 10, 2011, 07:34 »
Admired, and watered the cuke, tom and leek seedlings in the greenhouse. Still no sign of the peppers but they always seem to take ages. Washed down the greenhouse as I could not do it in March due sprained ankle. Got a man in to spray the area which used to be a veggie bed but which went back to grass. He is going to dig it over for me in a couple of weeks (cannot do any digging myself until the ankle heals - it is so frustrating  :( :(  ).

kevinp

• Experienced Member
« Reply #998 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35 »
put some posts in for my pea netting,  watered seedlings in the polytunnel some were very poorly due to the heat. Planted beetroot, turnip and swede, planted out the kale and chard. And I strimmed the apiary

Doddy

• Always learning
« Reply #999 on: April 10, 2011, 08:10 »
Amazing day - weather-wise, found a 4ft sq area unused, so in with a raised bed (aching like mad now). Planted out 4 sweet-corn, and got another 8 planted in paper tubes. There's a high risk in planting these out, I know, but can work on a 2-week replacement cycle to cover any frost-losses.

Last row of the main-crop into their bed and the brassica bed populated and covered.

The missus planted her melon seed into the greenhouse - been monitoring the mix/max temps in there this last month and she's convinced that now is the time. 2xplanting to allow for losses and plenty of seed in reserve.

2 Pepper plants into a grow-bag in the greenhouse, accompanied with a potted Aubergine, then set up a dripper system to keep them watered. I'm not convinced about this system, may have to consider a plan-B.

Back home for tea and salad / beer out in the garden, happy days.

Robster

« Reply #1000 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45 »
Planted out my beetroot.  Weeded for Britain.  Potted on the last of my squash, now in the greenhouse.  Next step in the plot (with bell cloche if they need to go before the frosts ended).  Checked my newly set up asparagus bed, all crowns producing spears (2 years to wait!)

MiklovesHerb(s)

« Reply #1001 on: April 10, 2011, 09:25 »
What a lovely day, took our new cool bag up to the allotment (including a nice glass of Rose!)

We (mostly Him not me) dug two more beds and we planted some chard (never grown it or eatten it!) some mangetout, more spring onions, carrots and Pak chox!

Put in some strawberry plants

i made a small bed next to the patio for some herb plants ( i'll need mint for pimms!)

Planted some sweet peas and built myseld a small trellis!

Lovely day!

grendel

« Reply #1002 on: April 10, 2011, 09:28 »
off to plant peas and beans later, asked the wife to split the seed into two one half for each half plot and soak the ones for planting today - well came back to two sets of pots, all soaking, and the second half plot isnt ready for planting yet so they will all go on the one plot today.
Grendel

digalotty

« Reply #1003 on: April 10, 2011, 10:41 »
i planted some mangetout and dug up a large crown of rhubarb and it is now sitting on my plot split into two :),  and some strawberry's traded the other way.
planted some rocket next to mixed salad leaf  and put last of my strawberry runners into 6"pots
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Epona_4

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1004 on: April 10, 2011, 13:44 »
i assembled and snail protected my new cold frame.......copper tape seems to work quite well along with slug and snail eating machines called rodney marjorie and muriel...(ducks)  :D :D

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.487 seconds with 36 queries.