our site

• 2 Replies

kenny199

our site
« on: December 31, 2010, 18:36 »
Our site in Crowborough is only two years old.I move into my plot in the spring,Later in the year more plots were cut until we were full two hundred  and sixty plots rented in two years.2011 ,another one hundred plots to be cut with a waiting list of eighteen. It is looking good.I have joined O.A.T S,Owlsbury Allotment Tenants Society,who have asked local associated businesses to give us discount on production of membership card.There are several who have but the nearest garden centre a half a mile away only give discount in the week not at weekends .If I need any thing from them at weekends I am truly,truly desperate.We are slowly getting there I wish the district council were so anti.
To err is human, to arr is pirate

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: our site
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 18:39 »
Keep up the good work Kenny! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

kenny199

Re: our site
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 19:04 »
The town council are brilliant ,but the district one ,Wealden,they are an absolute pain.There is no way that i could wish them seasons greetings as in the beginning they refused planning for a car park on site.We are based in a country lane right on the outskirts of town,a good mile and a half from the centre of town.Crowborough is the highest point in Sussex.Fifteen to twenty miles south are the Sussex Downs,There is nothing in between,The wind whistles across all the year round.Runner bean rows have to well sited or they are blown over.for a plot that had cows roaming on it three years ago the soil is very fertile.One thing I cant understand is how the slugs and snails have managed to follow me to a new plot in the middle of a field seven miles away.Happy new year .

xx
New Site

Started by monkseyuk on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 28, 2009, 08:03
by Yorkie
xx
New Site

Started by mikey9863 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 07, 2007, 18:57
by muntjac
xx
The Site

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post December 04, 2009, 19:16
by DavidT
xx
New Site

Started by mikey9863 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 08, 2007, 06:33
by gobs

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 28 queries.