Goji berries, missing bilberries and seed thingie!

• 9 Replies

weeeed

Hi there, How to start? In May I sent for an offer from Thompson & Morgan 3 gojis 3 bilberries & a seed germinator.  After lots of complaints etc the goji berries arrived they look dead but I've planted as per instructions. the bilberries etc are still not here. Has anyone grown gojis  or sent for this offer? will the plants recover and what  is the best way forward. Thankyou for reading this.
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

jackiestagg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 21:20 »
Not yet but I fancied them too. Let us know if they were worth it. Apparently goji berry plants are invasive, did they warn you?

weeeed

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 23:25 »
:shock:  :shock: Please tell me you are a windup merchant like me and that you too have a sadistic sense of humour! How on earth will my weeds cope will they need counselling what have I done can this be remedied? Must I keep them in a cage? I'm so new at this I didn't even know they existed 'til I saw the advert! I'm off to check for progress with an axe and a torch! :wink:  :lol:

Sven The Swede

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 23:45 »
Quote from: "weeeed"
:shock:  :shock: Please tell me you are a windup merchant like me and that you too have a sadistic sense of humour! How on earth will my weeds cope will they need counselling what have I done can this be remedied? Must I keep them in a cage? I'm so new at this I didn't even know they existed 'til I saw the advert! I'm off to check for progress with an axe and a torch! :wink:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
I CAME LATE TO THIS GAME, BUT IT'S IN THE BLOOD. I TRY TO BE ORGANIC BUT SORRY HAVE TO USE THE SLUG PELLETS.

brucesgirl

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:42 »
I sent for the goji berries, gave one plant to my dad ( he wants to live till he's 175, only 85 years to go for him then!) and I planted two in the lottie.
Dad's and one of mine is doing well, lots of leaves and growth but one seems to be dead, it did have leaves when we planted it but they have gone. We will leave it in as we have a knack of killing plants and then two years later they re-grow!!
No sign of berries but maybe they don't fruit the first year? Keep me informed on yours and I will do the same.

jackiestagg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:47 »
I'm only reporting what I've read...http://www.gojiberriesguide.com/LyciumBarbarum/

weeeed

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 20:27 »
Dad's and one of mine is doing well, lots of leaves and growth but one seems to be dead, it did have leaves when we planted it but they have gone. We will leave it in as we have a knack of killing plants and then two years later they re-grow!!

Ah, ha, when did your's arrive? Must have been earlier than mine, you had leaves! Just nipped out for a peek and there is a fraction of a leaf (I hope) peeping through at the bottom of the stem, they donot look good tho'. What do you think about the invasion of the goji's? :)  :lol:

brucesgirl

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:03 »
Got mine in May, didn't know they were invasive, but what the hell? They will mix in fine with the brambles and horsetail I will be digging up for the rest of my life!!
When I bought them I couldn't find any info on the internet about them at all so just bunged them into the front of the allotment.

weeeed

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 18:56 »
Guess what I found in chitern seeds cat. bilberry seeds! I may as well go all the way and go for broke, what think you?  :idea:  :?:

jackiestagg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 16:01 »
I think me that you should let us know if they work. I've tried tham before from berries and got nowt. I know they like acid soil, maybe I should have germinateed them in peat.

xx
goji berries

Started by griff on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 27, 2009, 20:57
by hightide
xx
Goji Berries

Started by carlrmj on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post October 15, 2014, 17:42
by hightide
xx
goji berries

Started by TinaD on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2010, 23:08
by hightide
xx
Goji-Berries

Started by AndyRVTR on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 13:06
by Duracell

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 29 queries.