Poorly Chuck?

• 1 Replies

Newt

Poorly Chuck?
« on: May 09, 2010, 18:54 »
I've got 4 new ex batt hen's to add to the exisiting 6 enjoying their retirement.  They've been in isolation for 3 weeks and I've introduced three of them to the rest of the flock (it was a very interesting and loud 72 hours whilst they settled and re established the pecking order)

The forth however does not seem to be putting on any weight, is bald around the tail, vent and under side and has constant diarrhea.  The poop is brown, very watery, there is no whist discharge around the vent, however this it is very red and by the end of the day the few feathers that are near her vent are covered in poo, which we've been washing in warm water every few days for the last week.  She seems fine in herself, she's really perky, her eyes are bright, breathing seems fine, she's eatting and drinking.

I'm not sure whether this is something I should be overly concerned about or whether she's just a sloppy pooper?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Poorly Chuck?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 18:56 »
I'd get some antibiotics for her and follow it up with some AviproPlus to re establish a good gut flora.

xx
Poorly chuck...I think!!??

Started by Chuckiemum on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 19:54
by Chuckiemum
xx
Help - Poorly chuck

Started by Paddywack on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 10:12
by slowef
xx
help with poorly chuck

Started by lou-spins on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post June 22, 2010, 00:23
by hillfooter
xx
Poorly chuck

Started by andymac on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 21:25
by andymac

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 28 queries.