Advice neede re pecking

• 1 Replies

cheriton

Advice neede re pecking
« on: May 03, 2010, 14:37 »
Hi Everyone, I have been rather quiet on here for the last few weeks due to all the family having flu then it ended up with a chest infection :(. I kept away from my girls as I didn't want to pass anything nasty onto them.  I left my daughters in charge of the chucks.

All seemed well until I took the girls out of the run to disinfect it yesterday, I thought Balti had got a dirty vent - but when I turned her over it appears to be a wound that has scabbed over with the surrounding area feather free. I suspect that Bhuna has been pecking her again. I was aware that there were priblems in the coop at night with Balti getting pushed out of the nestbox that they prefer to sleep in.

Should i just keep an eye on her or separate her from the bully?. I was thinking about adding a small coop at the other end , getting her a friend and letting them sleep separate from bully Bhuna.

Any advice greatly appreciated

:)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Advice neede re pecking
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 18:25 »
even if you provide another coup chances are they will still go into the same one - I have 6 and often 1 or 2 will remain empty and then they will change which ones they want to leave empty another night  :wacko:. Get some anti peck spray or ukadex on her, if that fails then fit a beak clip to the feather pecker.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Advice neede on broody sussex please

Started by Tattyanne456 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 16:12
by Tattyanne456
xx
advice neede d please on keeping hens on allotment

Started by lucylou on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2010, 00:29
by lucylou
xx
pecking-bullying? advice please

Started by rags4bags on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 05, 2010, 13:55
by rags4bags
xx
Pecking at food but not actually eating... any advice please?

Started by Sarah Mitchell on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 15, 2010, 13:47
by joyfull

Page created in 0.709 seconds with 31 queries.