sudden balance loss

• 5 Replies

mintymoos

sudden balance loss
« on: April 13, 2010, 14:49 »
  hi, 1 of my bantams has just fell over, she was fine when she went up to lay, then when i`ve just gone to check for eggs, she was falling over on her side. don`t know if she fell down ramp + hurt herself, when i tried to pick her up to have a look at her she ran off, when she stopped she fell over. so it would seem she hasn`t broken or dislocated a leg, but when she tries to take a step she just falls on her side. Please, any ideas or help would be great, thanks a lot.xx
someone keeps stealing time when i`m not looking.

Bess

Re: sudden balance loss
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 20:53 »
I have just posted a question that sounds a bit similar to yours.  Could you have a look and see what you think.  Sorry I cannot help as I need it myself but would be interested if you recognise any of my hens symptoms.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 20:55 »
Hello, How old is she, has she been vaccinated and like I advised Bess perhaps a trip to the vets might be in order.
Staffies are softer than you think.

mintymoos

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43 »
hi, she had no abnormal head movements last night, and was still wanting food. i kept her indoors last night, and this morning she is a lot better, actually scratching at the food on the floor of her box, so i`m wondering if she took a bit of a tumble off the top of the ramp up to the nest box. she`s just about a year old, and she`s never had any other health problems. she`s not had any vaccinations while we`ve had her, don`t know about before that, as i got her at auction as a point of lay. thanks, xx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:46 »
the vaccinations are given when they are first born so unless the breeder told you (and coming from an auction they wouldn't tell you) you have to assume not. Glad that she seems better though so just hope it was a tumble that caused it. Please keep an eye on her though  :)

mintymoos

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:59 »
thanks, i will do, going to keep her in until 100% sure she`s ok, thanks again, xx

xx
Sudden loss

Started by Catsmuvva on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2010, 19:59
by dizzylizzie
xx
Sudden loss of our Chicken

Started by Pollyb on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 11:18
by Jane-M
xx
Help - Hen Loosing Balance

Started by SJC on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 07, 2012, 06:04
by Tony H
xx
Off Balance Chicken

Started by Texas Chicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 20, 2009, 15:48
by grumpydad

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 31 queries.