Sudden loss

• 5 Replies

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
Sudden loss
« on: June 03, 2010, 12:12 »
Dizzy has died  :( 

She was a bit hunched up yesterday but stood up, looking bright, when I approached her. This morning she was hunched up again, tail down & looking listless, her comb pale and flopped to one side and she had yellowy white diarrhoea. I took her to the vet at 10am where she was given a drug cocktail but the vet said things didn't look good, she'd either suddenly pick up or would be gone by the end of the day. Less than 2 hours later she gave up... I wasn't even with her when she went, it was that quick. She was another of my ex-b's and had only been with me since March this year.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Sudden loss
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:16 »
so sorry but at least she ended her life knowing what it meant to be a proper chicken and being able to scratch around in the fresh air xxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 13:01 »
Now Dixie Lee seems to be a bit hunched up! Am I just being paranoid and seeing things that aren't really there?? I've cleared all the bedding out of the house in case there's something lurking - I already have Betty on Baytril for her swollen abdomen & watery droppings, but the two seem unrelated, at least that's what the vet said earlier. Why, oh why is this happening to my girls?

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 13:49 »
Oh poor you, i opeed up the chickens yesterday and found one dead in the coup, and i also had a poorly one, which i have been gigving baytril to, but got OH to do the deed last night, as she had no weight on her and was so thin, i hate it when we have to do this or find one dead, but i know i gave both these ex batts a happy retirement, so don't feel so guilty as you gave her the best life.
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

Jeanette

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 16:07 »
 Your girls have had a much better life than they had before. They know what it is like to have the sun on their backs and to do all the things that chickens do. Just  try to think that without you their lifes would have been much shorter and they new what it was like to be loved. :)

dizzylizzie

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 19:59 »
sending hugs xx

xx
Sudden loss of our Chicken

Started by Pollyb on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 11:18
by Jane-M
xx
sudden balance loss

Started by mintymoos on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 08:59
by mintymoos
xx
Sudden Death

Started by Prod on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 11, 2015, 16:08
by barley
xx
Sudden death

Started by Jomtie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 18:41
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.395 seconds with 37 queries.