cucumbers?

• 19 Replies

Brassica Blaz

• Experienced Member
Re: cucumbers?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 15:52 »
hi tontom, i started the thread ,it tells you at the top of the page mi probs.ive just had to re sow some "back ups" just in case they fail.its my first time for cues&toms so its all a new learning curve for me. :)the seed seems abit expensive for the amount you get dont you think? :ohmy:

tontom

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 16:01 »
Too right B B £2 £3 or £4 for half a dozen seeds , for a plant that does'nt like to begin a life.It coud've been beginners luck last year for me ! last year was my first year as an allotment holder . good luck with your cucs .

gardener247

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 17:47 »
I've got my Marketmore and Burpless, but when I ordered all my seeds at T&m they gave me F1 Carmen free of charge.

It's germinated just fine (only four seeds in the packet), but I was wondering whether anyone has tried this variety before and how was the taste.

dunno how you got them for free they are very pricey plants :happy: only one carmen plant would probably give you too many cucumbers it grows like crazy and has loads of fruit its like a plant on steroids or something i had to chop mune back as it was starting to smuther my 6 ft tall toms!!

unconcerned

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 19:18 »
I've got my Marketmore and Burpless, but when I ordered all my seeds at T&m they gave me F1 Carmen free of charge.

It's germinated just fine (only four seeds in the packet), but I was wondering whether anyone has tried this variety before and how was the taste.

dunno how you got them for free they are very pricey plants :happy: only one carmen plant would probably give you too many cucumbers it grows like crazy and has loads of fruit its like a plant on steroids or something i had to chop mune back as it was starting to smuther my 6 ft tall toms!!

I ordered a lot of seeds, and these arrived with them...noted on the delivery docket as £0.00.  I did look them up in the catalogue and it was eight quid odd. If they prove to be turbo charged and they taste good then I would pay for them next year - my son will only eat cucumbers and peas.

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 23:18 »
I sowed 2 seeds in a pot they came up grew to about an inch tall then flopped over and died ??? any ideas why

definately been over watered - once the seed has germinated always water from the bottom never from the top - yours died of damping off disease...
Death OR Cake ???

xx
cucumbers not producing any cucumbers

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2014, 09:37
by Springlands
xx
Cucumbers

Started by spottymint on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 13, 2010, 14:10
by spottymint
xx
cucumbers

Started by newseed on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 20, 2008, 16:46
by DD.
xx
Cucumbers

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 19, 2008, 14:42
by Trillium

Page created in 0.429 seconds with 27 queries.