Cucumbers

• 1 Replies

willnbirdie

• Experienced Member
Cucumbers
« on: August 19, 2008, 13:39 »
Hi

Have 3 cucumber plants in my greenhouse.

We have had a few cucumbers off them but my problem is both the leaves and the cucumbers are going yellow.  Not all of the female flowers set fruit properly.

I have watered with tomato feed and have added some magnesium sulphate as the leaves looked very much like my tomato plants when they were suffering from magnesium defficiency.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the cucumbers are going yellow or is it as I am guessing that due to rubbish weather my greenhouse has not be hot and humid enough for them.  Have already decided that next year I will put the cucumbers in another corner of the g/h which gets more direct sun.

cheers

willnbirdie

Trillium

Cucumbers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 14:42 »
The yellowing of leaves can be due to a number of nutrient deficiencies so I'd suggest a good all purpose fertilizer rather than a specific which is too high in something else for another plant.
Also, if the cukes go yellow, it could be that they're already too old and going to seed, which means the whole plant has accomplished its purpose and is shutting down. Lack of adequate water will help this along. Cukes need a lot of water per day to maintain proper growth and also regular picking of the cukes so the plant is tricked into growing more.
Try adding more water per day and pick off those cukes, and see if you have any more luck this year, which could be doubtful considering how late in the season it is.

xx
cucumbers not producing any cucumbers

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2014, 09:37
by Springlands
xx
Cucumbers

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 19:23
by willnbirdie
xx
Cucumbers

Started by MyAchingBack on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 19:16
by gazza975526570
xx
Help on the Cucumbers

Started by FRUITFULL on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 19:12
by FRUITFULL

Page created in 1.229 seconds with 32 queries.